a question for uk fans...

M

mozdukemod

some of the latest reviews of rott have labeled moz's following as "marginal." i wanted to ask the uk fans if that's how moz is viewed and about the attendance figures for his latest shows. i realize he has scheduled more dates in smaller venues. are they selling out? thanks in advance. my problem with the word "marginal" is how can a career that has spanned decades and gold/platinum releases be termed marginal? thanks in advance.

All the UK dates sold out in minutes. Morrissey still has a huge following in the UK, it's just that he has a lot of detractors in the media, and unfortunately Britain seems to have become obsessed with shows such as The X Factor and Pop Idol, so REAL music all too often goes unnoticed. Viva Moz.

Where did you read that he is "marginal"? I haven't seen anyone say that.

I'd say its a medium but fiercly loyal fanbase. Morrissey can get his singles into the Top 10, and his album to number 1, but unlike those artists who keep selling week in and week out to supermarket shoppers his records fly back down the charts as all the fans buy them on the day of release.

Back
Top Bottom