Morrissey & Brett Anderson

S

Srgnt Pppr

I know Morrissey once liked Suede, but then I read an interview from 98 when he said he didn't like them. Does Morrissey have anything against Brett Anderson today, and why so? I heard that the song "Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself" is about Brett Anderson. Is that true?

Anderson met Mozzer at the Q Awards (i think it was) it the mid 90's, and Anderson later said something like "he's so shy it's not even endearing it's just stupid". So Moz retorted with something quite amusing and cutting along similar lines and then said that "Brett Anderson will never forgive God for not making him Angie Bowie" which i (as much as i love Suede) thought was hilarious and very observant of the man.

Mozzer followed that up with a quote about "[Suede] can have all the fans named Lisa who live in ...." (can't remember the UK town name). I suspect someone wrote Morrissey a letter saying how Suede was now their favourite band over Morrissey/The Smiths.

Damon also had a little go at Morrissey after meeting him at an awards show, too, saying Morrissey's handshake was so "limp".

I like Damon and Brett both, and they've both made some brilliant records, but when they're Morrissey's age (and even now), they'll never achieve the same kind of legendary status. Not even close.

Is Brett a solo artist now both Suede and The Tears are no longer?
Or will he reform Suede, with Butler this time?
That would be the final straw, I would say.

I've heard that The Tears are already finished, but has it been officially confirmed? And what caused the end of it? Perhaps it just fell apart rather than any sort of acrimonious split.

Maybe it was because their site forum required a user name and password...

It may have something to do...

With the fact that Here Comes The Tears is really unbearable for anyone who has ears?

And yes I love Suede - but the Tears are an insult to what Suede and Dog Man Star were.

No, it was lack of success. The Tears album sold less than A New Morning and the poor sales of A New Morning is what got Brett and Bernard back together in the first place, so there was really no reason to continue with the Tears was there? It is not as if the album was really great artistically either.

I think a reformation of the original Suede (Brett, bernard, Matt and Simon) is the best, (and last!) option.
That, or taking a 7 year absence!

Well, Moz made a good cover version of "my insatiable one" so it's obvious that he liked Suede.
I like Suede too, but just "Suede" and "Dog man star" and maybe half "Comig up" the rest is rubbish.
I didn't knew about all that incident between Moz and Brett... sad.
I would be very happy if Brett make a good album again but looks loke the drugs and the money finally killed his creativity... sad.

But Richard Oakes was great too!!! His playing on Beautiful Loser is masterful.
I'd love to see a Suede reunion but it would only be fair and for the better if both he and Bernard were to be there!

Back
Top Bottom