Let's Discuss The SMITHS/MOZ CON This Past Weekend...

> So who went? What'd you think? Discuss...

THE CONVENTION WAS LOTS OF FUN...ALTHOUGH MANY PEOPLE......GOT CONFUSED AND THEY RAN UP ON STAGE TO HUG THE BAND SWEET AND TENDER HOOLIGANS.....ITS NOT MOZ PEOPLE!!!! GET IT STRAIGHT.....THEY DID START A MOSH PIT...WHICH IS PRETTY LAME IF U ASK ME....BUT OTHER THAN THAT IT WAS LOTS OF FUN AND THE CONTEST WERE GREAT!!

give us a drink....and make it quick

I ended up drunk and passed out in the basement broom closet at The Palace. How was it for everyone else? I dont even remeber getting home.

> THE CONVENTION WAS LOTS OF FUN...ALTHOUGH MANY PEOPLE......GOT¿ CONFUSED AND THEY RAN UP ON STAGE TO HUG THE BAND SWEET AND¿ TENDER HOOLIGANS.....ITS NOT MOZ PEOPLE!!!! GET IT¿ STRAIGHT.....THEY DID START A MOSH PIT...WHICH IS PRETTY LAME IF¿ U ASK ME....BUT OTHER THAN THAT IT WAS LOTS OF FUN AND THE¿ CONTEST WERE GREAT!!

a mosh pit...ewwwww...were there alot of idiots there then?

and so when I ran you see...

Those are the funniest lines I've read in days. Something like that happened to me, I went to El Rey and while dancing I fell to the floor my pants are stained with @#!!!. It has nothing to do with the convention but I thought what happened to you was funny.

> a mosh pit...ewwwww...were there alot of idiots there then?
I was lucky enough to get out to the palace and enjoy the Moz/Smiths convention. I was so pissed when people started moshing...who the hell would want to mosh to "The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get?" Some idiot kicked me in the shoulder, if that makes any sense. Anyway, Sweet and Tender Hooligans rocked but it cracked me up how people would rush the stage to hug the lead singer Jose. Some guys even knelt before him as if he were God! No offense, but he wasn't Morrissey! I'm just glad I was able to get a bunch of cool stuff, like shirts, buttons, stickers, pictures, etc. Overall, I had fun. By the way, mad props to the guy in the sequined shirt who won the Moz look-a-like, sing-a-like contest, whoever you are!!

Losing in front of your hometown

I'm a little upset so I going to vent. I was one of the contestants in the Johnny Marr guitar playing contest. Yes, I lost in the finals and I'm still a little bitter. I found it difficult to lose to someone who played the same song twice in the contest. I played "Head Master Ritual", first which is a difficult song. Then in the finals, I played "I Want The One I Can't Have" which people didn't respond well. I can play vitually any Smiths song. And, I'm grinding my teeth for not playing, The Queen is Dead, Ask, Bigmouth or something popular. Some fans did come up to me and congradulate me which I appreciated. But, Are Moz fans deaf to the non hits? I though, here fans would enjoy it. I could have played Frankly Mr. Shanky or Sheila Take A Bow and I would have gotten booed off the stage. Ugh!

Over all I though the Convention was fair. This was my third year in attendance. The games were cool. The Sweet And Tender Hooligans played well. But what was the deal with the SATH T-shirts in Moz poses. I was thinking, identity crisis. Why do people think and act like as if SATH are Moz? Moz is still alive and so is Johnny.

I didn't attend the second night, the Moz Convention. Did they have the Moz singing contest and was anyone any good? How about a review someone?

Here's a REVIEW For You of the MOZ DAY

Actually MOZZER did not make an appearance (never has at these things) even though he now resides nearby in L.A.- BUT- they were plenty of wannabes there that basically WERE him. The look/dance/sing- alike contest had over 30 entrants- and those were the ones that REALLY looked the part. Out of the 1,500 people there you could have pulled almost ANY guy (and some womyn) and had a tie for first place...

The winner (a guy named Tom- I got my picture with him that I'll post) was SO much like him it was SCARY.

Jose and the Hooligans again ROCKED the Palace to a FRENZY.

Re: Losing in front of your hometown

> But what was the deal with the SATH¿ T-shirts in Moz poses. I was thinking, identity crisis. Why do¿ people think and act like as if SATH are Moz? Moz is still alive¿ and so is Johnny.

This is my first time ever writing anything on the internet. I am glad that you enjoyed the show, but I couldn't help but respond to the "identity crisis" comment. The Sweet and Tender Hooligans are not experiencing an "identity crisis." We are very well aware of the fact that when we play the convention, we are a tribute band. The t-shirt concept of us standing in front of the Salford Lads Club was just an attempt at humor, not an attempt to convince anyone that we are the real thing. We performed at the convention because we love Morrissey's words and music. We are not trying to be Morrissey or The Smiths, we are simply trying to honor them.

Re: Identity Crisis

> This is my first time ever writing anything on the internet. I¿ am glad that you enjoyed the show, but I couldn't help but¿ respond to the "identity crisis" comment. The Sweet¿ and Tender Hooligans are not experiencing an "identity¿ crisis." We are very well aware of the fact that when we¿ play the convention, we are a tribute band. The t-shirt concept¿ of us standing in front of the Salford Lads Club was just an¿ attempt at humor, not an attempt to convince anyone that we are¿ the real thing. We performed at the convention because we love¿ Morrissey's words and music. We are not trying to be Morrissey¿ or The Smiths, we are simply trying to honor them.

Thank you for explaining the concept behind the T-shirt. I'm not trying to be rude, but it is hard to see the humor when the band was selling the shirt. The Convention is becoming too sold out and money driven. It just seemed like SATH crossed the line if it is in fact still the people's band. Personally, I wouldn't mind buying the band's original T-shirt or CD of your own songs. I know you guys are a good band. I've seen you play about 4 times. Selling Smith like shirts just seemed wrong and not humorous. Plus, don't you find it disturbing when people act like Jose is Moz? I know you probably don't get that. But, is it weird? Give us the inside scoop.

It's a TRIBUTE BAND

Jeff: That should be understood by all anyway- without you having to explain it. I'm amazed at those who get all wigged out over the attention S.A.T.H. gets. It's all in fun.¿ This is my first time ever writing anything on the internet. I¿ am glad that you enjoyed the show, but I couldn't help but¿ respond to the "identity crisis" comment. The Sweet¿ and Tender Hooligans are not experiencing an "identity¿ crisis." We are very well aware of the fact that when we¿ play the convention, we are a tribute band. The t-shirt concept¿ of us standing in front of the Salford Lads Club was just an¿ attempt at humor, not an attempt to convince anyone that we are¿ the real thing. We performed at the convention because we love¿ Morrissey's words and music. We are not trying to be Morrissey¿ or The Smiths, we are simply trying to honor them.

Back
Top Bottom