Unjustifiably Ignorant

M

Matt

I will make this brief, because I'm sure most of us have heard the news of Morrissey's Canadian boycott due to the seal hunt.

Now I don't understand why this musical talent has decided to carve his insults into ALL the Canadian people. The seal hunt is strickly an East Coast (Maritime) activity. So with that said, does this hunt make all the people in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Winnipeg, Toronto, Ottawa, and the province of Quebec "heartless self-serving nazis" because of something people in Newfoundland are doing? If you had the brainspan of a sponge, perhaps you think this way. But honestly people....open your eyes and ears. Statistically, Canada was surveyed on the seal hunt and an overwhelming majority were against it.

Every time you see the word "Canada" when you hear of the seal hunt in the news, replace it with the words "Newfoundland and Maritime Provinces". Bashing the entire country is unjustifiably ignorant.

AGREED! And you forgot Medicine Hat. We are a good old town with flat to slightly rolling land with short-grass vegetation. We have a dry, continental climate, with cold winters and warm summers. However, the winter cold is occasionally ameliorated by mild and dry chinook winds blowing from the west, and hot summer daytime temperatures are made tolerable by low humidity and rapid cooling in the evening hours. I have not even ever seen any seals in downtown MEDICINE HAT, so I think the Mozz-Man is taking the piss

Re: he was protesting the government, not the people.

right. Which makes him a genuine asshole for NOT playing to Canadian fans and telling them what f***-o's the Canadian Govt is for allowing the seal hunt.

You know as well as I do this is just a great big, "hospitalized for dehydration" or "feeling ill" bullshit line he decided to use as a silly platform.

whatever, he owes them an apology I think.

I agree with you guys but why is it ok to just Bash the United States for Everything for any reason as a whole? I don't mean just politically but I see generic social slamming on here and entertainment blasting and intellectual belittling. I am NOT saying you particular people are doing that at all but just in general. Canadian friends, welcome to America's world...you get unjustly criticized sometimes and it isn't right nor fair.

> I will make this brief, because I'm sure most of us have heard the news of
> Morrissey's Canadian boycott due to the seal hunt.

> Now I don't understand why this musical talent has decided to carve his
> insults into ALL the Canadian people. The seal hunt is strickly an East
> Coast (Maritime) activity. So with that said, does this hunt make all the
> people in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Winnipeg, Toronto, Ottawa,
> and the province of Quebec "heartless self-serving nazis"
> because of something people in Newfoundland are doing? If you had the
> brainspan of a sponge, perhaps you think this way. But honestly
> people....open your eyes and ears. Statistically, Canada was surveyed on
> the seal hunt and an overwhelming majority were against it.

> Every time you see the word "Canada" when you hear of the seal
> hunt in the news, replace it with the words "Newfoundland and
> Maritime Provinces". Bashing the entire country is unjustifiably
> ignorant.

Moz has "brainspan of sponge"

someone upthread said Moz has the brain span of a sponge... that';s messed up & uncalled for

You're exactly right

I'm thinking that those that are upset by this are hurt and only spewing as a knee-jerk reaction. After a few days, hopefully they will see this for what it really is. It is a statement against the practice and not the good people of Canada. One would hope their outrage would be directed towards the cruel people that enable the hunting. Just because it happens on the other side of the country doesn't make it someone else's problem.

It'd have been like the northern US not giving a damn if the south wanted to have slavery. It wasn't right so it had to be fought against.

Re: You're exactly right

> I'm thinking that those that are upset by this are hurt and only spewing
> as a knee-jerk reaction. After a few days, hopefully they will see this
> for what it really is. It is a statement against the practice and not the
> good people of Canada. One would hope their outrage would be directed
> towards the cruel people that enable the hunting. Just because it happens
> on the other side of the country doesn't make it someone else's problem.

> It'd have been like the northern US not giving a damn if the south wanted
> to have slavery. It wasn't right so it had to be fought against.

if that were true that would be cool!! but unfortunately that is not even close to why the civil war was fought. Americans don't fight over moral issues. EVER. its all about economics...every time.

Re: You're exactly right

You are correct. That was not the lone reason but it was undeniably part of it.

Back
Top Bottom