which album should i buy?

E

Eric

Hello everyone,

I am a huge Natalie Merchant/10,000 Maniacs fan but I've been listening to a few Morrissey songs lately that I really enjoy. Sister I'm a poet, everyday is like sunday etc. I loved everyday is like sunday ever from the first time i heard it which was performed by the 10,000 Maniacs back in the 80's. Anyway, I don't own any albums of his so i came here to get seom advice....what should be my first Morrissey album? thanks for the help...

> Hello everyone,¿ I am a huge Natalie Merchant/10,000 Maniacs fan but I've been¿ listening to a few Morrissey songs lately that I really enjoy.¿ Sister I'm a poet, everyday is like sunday etc. I loved everyday¿ is like sunday ever from the first time i heard it which was¿ performed by the 10,000 Maniacs back in the 80's. Anyway, I¿ don't own any albums of his so i came here to get seom¿ advice....what should be my first Morrissey album? thanks for¿ the help...

Hi there
I would recommend Bona Drag as a good place for you to start :)

you should get hold of "your arsenal" (1991) (although not the best, it's the most catchy and comercially celebrated moz album) and of course the magnificent "viva hate" (1987) and "vauxhall and i" (1994), as must-have masterpieces. There's always the compilations, which mostly gather singles and b sides, the most classic one (and my all time favourite) is "bona drag"(1987) but the most complete (full single collection) is "suedehead" (1996)

> you should get hold of "your arsenal" (1991) (although¿ not the best, it's the most catchy and comercially celebrated¿ moz album) and of course the magnificent "viva hate"¿ (1987) and "vauxhall and i" (1994), as must-have¿ masterpieces.

I always like to start off with their first record and work my way up - that way, you get to listen to how they've progressed in their careers. Also, since "Your Arsenal" was quite a departure from Morrissey's "usual" sound, it may be a bit extreme to a new fan who's only listened to his earliest solo work. Either way, you can't go wrong with ANY LP you buy, because they're all quite good. :)

> Hello everyone,¿ I am a huge Natalie Merchant/10,000 Maniacs fan but I've been¿ listening to a few Morrissey songs lately that I really enjoy.¿ Sister I'm a poet, everyday is like sunday etc. I loved everyday¿ is like sunday ever from the first time i heard it which was¿ performed by the 10,000 Maniacs back in the 80's. Anyway, I¿ don't own any albums of his so i came here to get seom¿ advice....what should be my first Morrissey album? thanks for¿ the help...

if i were you i would start in chronological order.....viva hate first...in my opinion its his best anyway

Re: the extremism of ...

The balladary extremism of Mozonics on Vauxhall and I, his '94 effort, is a great place to begin the quest. Start with the triumphs and work your way down to Kill Uncle.

There are so many words...

i think you should begin by the compilation my early burgaly years.¿ Hello everyone,¿ I am a huge Natalie Merchant/10,000 Maniacs fan but I've been¿ listening to a few Morrissey songs lately that I really enjoy.¿ Sister I'm a poet, everyday is like sunday etc. I loved everyday¿ is like sunday ever from the first time i heard it which was¿ performed by the 10,000 Maniacs back in the 80's. Anyway, I¿ don't own any albums of his so i came here to get seom¿ advice....what should be my first Morrissey album? thanks for¿ the help...

I got hooked on moz by listening to Bona Drag my favorite from start to finish ..... although I must say, get some smiths albums too if you haven't already!
-Iamawas

Greetings,

I would have to say that ' Viva Hate' is probably Morrisseys best album, take a chance and start from the bottom. I would recommend 'Kill Uncle' it isnt his best and loads of people dont like it at all.There are some rather crap songs,but nonetheless it is still moving and emotional, a no.1 for me. But then again 'Kill Uncle' was the first album I ever heard from Morrissey. It got me hooked, so yeah go ahead and boo me but it worked for me. Must get a hold of The Smiths as well, thats a total no-brainer.
happy hunting..
jaime

....what should be my first Morrissey album?

Obviously you must buy them all NOW at this very moment...but you should listen to first, Possibly "Bona Drag" or "Viva Hate" and of the Smiths, I think possibly the first album...but personally, i think that the music gets better the more memorys that you attach to it...and what i did was listen to whatever was there and grow with it...(what nonsense!!...sorry!!)

> I always like to start off with their first record and work my¿ way up - that way, you get to listen to how they've progressed¿ in their careers. Also, since "Your Arsenal" was quite¿ a departure from Morrissey's "usual" sound, it may be¿ a bit extreme to a new fan who's only listened to his earliest¿ solo work. Either way, you can't go wrong with ANY LP you buy,¿ because they're all quite good. :)

QUITE GOOD? Do you know what you are saying?!!! They are all masterpieces without question!!!

MEBY

Wow, everyone responded. I say My Early Burglery Years. It's my favourite. It has the best songs, except Every Day Is Like Sunday. That's another of my Fave's and it's on Bona Drag, which is great too.

"I've changed my plea..." You should start with 'Viva Hate', then 'Kill Uncle', get his best and then get what some people call his worst, and then work from there.
*cheers*
jaime

You should get either "Vauxhall and I" or "Your Arsenal" along with "The Smiths" which was his first work ever. But if you don't want to get 2, just get "My Early Burglary Years," the songs on it are some of his best but I really recommend you to get "The Smiths." I'd like to know which one are you gonna get at last?

Back
Top Bottom