Coupland "Interview" now up on Observer site.

Imagine how the person at The Observer who had to write him a cheque must feel.

yes, its true: morrissey has a very large cranium.

however, you can't fit that much character on a smaller head. it would just look funny.

> "Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?"

For something that's been "bigged up" by the Observer last week and the Guardian all week, this is a HUGE disappointment. The tagline on the trailer ad said "Douglas Coupland meets Morrissey" - I see no evidence for that. He could have written that sat at home. Pah. However, as usual, if there's any decent photos I'll bung them up later.

Sk./Peter

As he said what normally happens to interview tapes.

I think he actually recorded the interview (and didn't write anything off it) so he can put on Ebay.

Observer pics

Apologies for the quality of the scans, perhaps someone can scan better versions of them later.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c155/mozzerr50/observerpic2.jpg
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c155/mozzerr50/observerpic1.jpg

In a way though, Morrissey's interviews are nigh-on a stand up routine, so you sort of know by now the answers he will give to the same question.

M is ace at giving nothing of himself. I for one prefer that. Couldn't give a Monkeys what goes on behind his front door to be honest.

I am just glad he's stopped talking about football. That was like listening to your dad talking about Page 3 girls!

> In a way though, Morrissey's interviews are nigh-on a stand up routine, so
> you sort of know by now the answers he will give to the same question.

> M is ace at giving nothing of himself. I for one prefer that. Couldn't
> give a Monkeys what goes on behind his front door to be honest.

> I am just glad he's stopped talking about football. That was like
> listening to your dad talking about Page 3 girls!

Here's a novel idea for anyone interviewing Morrissey. Ask him about the album, Visconti, the band, the songs, the music.

At least its very positive...
Thanks for posting this - my newsagent did not stock it.

Re: Observer pics

> Apologies for the quality of the scans, perhaps someone can scan better
> versions of them later.

> http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c155/mozzerr50/observerpic2.jpg
> http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c155/mozzerr50/observerpic1.jpg

Thanks for that. Here's one more. I must say, for someone who flew "halfway around the world to meet the singer in Rome" it's an absolute shambles of an article. He may just as well written the article from home. Nice pictures though by Perou - just like the one that accompanied the Paul Morley review, which makes me think that the pictures were taken well before Couplands, err, coup.

Sk./Peter

Third Pic

Re: Observer pics

thanks for the scans, what a joke tho! interview pah...

> At least its very positive...
> Thanks for posting this - my newsagent did not stock it.

blimey - where do you live???

Lucky You. I wasted £1.60 on the crap. Gouglas Dopeland has really done himself proud with that waste of ink. At least the photographs were decent!

As Moz once said "Who needs The Observer anyway?"

what happened to the questions? i bought the observer too wish i hadn't now...i'll sell it on ebay in a couple of years time.

I was astounded when the article finished, and no interview. For weeks they have been advertising an "interview", but we never got one.

Reading between the lines I suspect that he had technical problems with the tape recorder not picking up Morrisseys soft interview voice. He makes reference to this as a rouse of Mozzers. I just think that he cocked it up.

> blimey - where do you live???
I live near rawtenstall. The newsagent opens at 10am. yes you read correctly 10am - they like to go out saturday night it seems!

> Lucky You. I wasted £1.60 on the crap. Gouglas Dopeland has really done
> himself proud with that waste of ink. At least the photographs were
> decent!

> As Moz once said "Who needs The Observer anyway?"
was it not worth £1.60 to have Morrisseys head compared to a carnival milk float?

Yes, I was there when he said it. At the Albert Hall, just after that other interview (at least it was an interview!).

Back
Top Bottom