Anyone in NYC going to that ROTT event in williamsburg

P

puddle.

the one that was mentionned on the main board a few days ago

Thinking about it

Have a feeling everyone's just going to stand around and try to look cool, though.

Re: Thinking about it

> Have a feeling everyone's just going to stand around and try to look cool,
> though.

New York's so much fun.

Re: Thinking about it

> New York's so much fun.

i'll probably stand around out of shyness...unless i drink enough or know everyone there (which i wouldn't), but i know what you mean about new york.

sometimes, just sometimes i go somewhere where people are loose and not all hipster uptight. i figure i'm gonna end up at a bar that night as is, i guess i should end up at that one.

ignorant of it...

Hey Puddle, can you briefly inform? love math+

just found the info -

Yeah, I'll check it out. They mention dancing to The Smiths + Morrissey, enough to get me to go.

Puddle or anyone else in NYC, can you recommend anyplace to dance to The Smiths + solo Morrissey? The night at Sway isn't well-suited for dancing - a long, narrow bar with no dancefloor, many people smoking indoors, etc. The one time I went, the dancing didn't start until something like 3AM. Is there any good place in NYC to actually dance to The Smiths, Morrissey, and similar music, like other British 80s, current indie, etc?

I'll be at the Williamsburg thing in a pink scarf.

love, math+

Re: just found the info -

> Yeah, I'll check it out. They mention dancing to The Smiths + Morrissey,
> enough to get me to go.

> Puddle or anyone else in NYC, can you recommend anyplace to dance to The
> Smiths + solo Morrissey? The night at Sway isn't well-suited for dancing -
> a long, narrow bar with no dancefloor, many people smoking indoors, etc.
> The one time I went, the dancing didn't start until something like 3AM. Is
> there any good place in NYC to actually dance to The Smiths, Morrissey,
> and similar music, like other British 80s, current indie, etc?

> I'll be at the Williamsburg thing in a pink scarf.

> love, math+

the only smiths night i've been to was an after concert one somewhere around Soho. it was only a one time thing thugh. i thought there ws this other place...can't remember. I was going to check out Sway myself with a friend as soon as the weather warms up and i have a free monday. my friend likes it.

there is a smiths/moz party every sunday in the city but i forget where(heard its not that good). ill def be at the williamsburg spot though. has anyone seen a flyer for the williamsburg night?

> there is a smiths/moz party every sunday in the city but i forget
> where(heard its not that good).

Yeah, the night at Sway, on Spring St. It's OK for talking and drinking, crap for dancing however.

Like where in this city do people go dance to the latest Franz Ferdinand or Strokes?

love, math+

> the one that was mentionned on the main board a few days ago
i went to this place last night to meet up with a friend and i must say it is a weird place with a weird crowd. maybe im getting old haha. im just wondering how this will be in 2 weeks.

i go to sway every week, but i live very closeby

it is tons of fun if you are a smiths/moz fan, and the dancing gets too crowded, but you can still shred to some great smiths, etc. if you want to. Kate Moss was there last Sunday too which was weird

anyhow, definitely going to the Burg spot, but the flyer was mislabeled--it said Friday April 1st, but Friday is March 31st. anyone know the actual date?

thanks

http://punctured-bicycle.blogspot.com

Back
Top Bottom