Moz in new Rolling Stone

J

Jamie

Just thought some people would like to know the latest Moz tidbit to pop up in Rolling Stone. In the latest issue (with the vile Eminem on the cover), I noticed a small sidebar story about Radiohead's new long-form video and they happened to liken their music as akin to (and I might be paraphrasing here) "Morrissey and Pink Floyd trading conspiracy theories in Bowie's space capsule." I thought that was a pretty good take on Radiohead's sound/lyrical stance.

Cheers,

Jamie

¿ "Morrissey and Pink Floyd trading conspiracy theories in¿ Bowie's space capsule." I thought that was a pretty good¿ take on Radiohead's sound/lyrical stance.¿ Cheers,¿ Jamie

That is a cool discription!

that "My Name Is" guy is really on the cover? Sad...just sad. You know, I could be getting old, but I really don't read music magazines like I used to. I used to read 'em all, even though I've always hated 90% of their contents. Now I'm beginning to have difficulty stomaching even AP, who I think have put Korn on their cover 5 times the past 12 months. I think the music that gets hype these days is about as bad as I ever remember it. Possibly reaching new all-time lows. Even worse than those old days when Paula Abdul and that stupid cartoon cat were played 500 times a day on MTV.

But I do like Howard Stern's paradoy of that "My Name Is" crap. "haaa...my name is...my name is...Stuttering John...."

RADIOHEAD

"MEETING PEOPLE IS EASY" i recommend. its playing at the roxie in San Francisco this weekend if anyone cares to see it, otherwise its a must buy video. I think its coming out in MAY. cheers. dm

MEETING PEOPLE IS EASY

music mags

i remember when US publications were cool...but that was a long time ago...the only music mags i look at nowadays are melody maker, nme and sometimes 'Q'....the only thing good about rolling stone is an occasional good picture of someone interesting...but that rarely happens....

the one bad thing is that melody maker and nme are double the price in the states, and you never get any of the promo cd's for the inflated price you pay...due to so-called copyright laws that restrict US release of these promos...also...sometimes nme and melody maker can turn on ya...for example, i think it's melody maker that has the crappy band 'offspring'on the cover this month...they sometimes go outright brazen and feature oasis on the cover...the nerve!

-state

I think that bit was written by Rob Sheffield, who makes an attempt to get a Moz reference into practically everything he writes.