To those attending gigs in the near future- suggestions regarding posts

J

Joe Dolan

Can I make a suggestion that any post regarding set lists etc. be posted on in the tour section of the site or at the very least put words "set list" or "spoiler" in the subject line. It is just a suggestion mind. Its not for me to tell people what to do. The reason I'm suggesting this is I want to be surprised when I go to the first gig at the set list, clothes etc., as others do to I'm sure. Is this an unreasonable request?

Oooh! I hadn't even thought about that! Now I don't wanna know either! Best not come here then. There'll be dozens of threads titled "I can't believe he played...!".

just stay away all together

> Can I make a suggestion that any post regarding set lists etc. be posted
> on in the tour section of the site or at the very least put words
> "set list" or "spoiler" in the subject line. It is
> just a suggestion mind. Its not for me to tell people what to do. The
> reason I'm suggesting this is I want to be surprised when I go to the
> first gig at the set list, clothes etc., as others do to I'm sure. Is this
> an unreasonable request?

this post makes just about as much sense as people who come here and ask "what's going to be on his setlist this tour?" about two months before the tour starts. it's not like anyone's revealing the ending to "The Crying Game" if they come here and post the setlist. just pay your $35 and enjoy the show.

Re: just stay away all together

That's only because you get to go to the first show, though. I can only imagine my happiness at how surprised I'll be by the choices if I don't know beforehand. I will probably explode if he plays some of my favourites.

> That's only because you get to go to the first show, though. I can only
> imagine my happiness at how surprised I'll be by the choices if I don't
> know beforehand. I will probably explode if he plays some of my
> favourites.

au contraire! i'm going to the 3rd show and i'll probably go into it knowing the setlist.

plus, you are a fan, right? does he really have to dig that deeply into the catalogue for you to be blown away? no, you'll go to the show for the same reasons we all go: for the energy and the banter. otherwise, you might as well sit at home with your CD player.

Ah! My mistake.

I'm just thinking of the added excitement of hearing the opening chord of The National Front Disco or the drum intro of The Queen Is Dead etc.

> Ah! My mistake.

> I'm just thinking of the added excitement of hearing the opening chord of
> The National Front Disco or the drum intro of The Queen Is Dead etc.

oh dear! it sounds like we are doing you a favor by announcing the setlist. you don't want to wet'em right in the middle of the pit, do ya?

but pay no attention to Joe Dolan. They're probably trying to get credit for being the first to post the setlist.

> this post makes just about as much sense as people who come here and ask
> "what's going to be on his setlist this tour?" about two months
> before the tour starts. it's not like anyone's revealing the ending to
> "The Crying Game" if they come here and post the setlist. just
> pay your $35 and enjoy the show.

that is a matter of opinion. If I was of the same opinion as you I wouldn't have written the intial post.

> oh dear! it sounds like we are doing you a favor by announcing the
> setlist. you don't want to wet'em right in the middle of the pit, do ya?

> but pay no attention to Joe Dolan. They're probably trying to get credit
> for being the first to post the setlist.

Not at all. Like I said, I was just a suggestion, a simple request. I think I was polite in the manner in which I wrote my post, so I'm finding your response a bit rude to be honest. Believe me when I say I really couldn't care less about getting credit for posting things on here (I know there is a couple of people here who can vouch for me on that score) - I don't have any need whatsoever that kind of validation. I was merely asking for a bit of consideration. I probably will stay away if the truth be known, as there is many here who will agree with you, but I'd rather not have to. Like I said, there is a whole section of this website devoted to the tour, posts about the gigs etc. (http://tour.morrissey-solo.com/). But at least I know now I shouldn't have even bothered asking.

Back
Top Bottom