I couldnt disagree more with the haters

C

Constantine

This album is a return to form! It most definately gives me the feeling that previous Moz albums(pre-blandfest 2004-YATQ) have, a sense of adventure!

The lyrics are sweet and beautiful, funny and bittersweet!

Ive never felt better! can anyone agree?

In my opinion it certainly beats everything since Viva Hate. Make of that what you will.

A nice album

Apart from a couple tracks (my opinion) it's a lovely album; hope it sells a ton for him.

Likewise

Your post title made me laugh, but yeah, it's true. I don't know if those bland [to my ear] leaks dramatically lowered my expectations, but the sound is miraculous, so deft! In the Future When All's Well... it sounds like a waterfall.

To me it's as though Morrissey spent the past few years listening to some awfully good music, and in the years since he wrote Quarry, music has indeed been better than usual! You Are the Quarry sounded like a record that was written during a period when there wasn't much going on in music, do you know what I mean? This exists much more in cotext. It's wonderful.

The lyrics - I don't know why I find his approach weirdly novel? They often seem deliberately cumbersome, like 'there is no such thing in life as normal'. I have to say that after hanging on through 'there is no such thing in life as...', I'm rather disappointed it's just 'normal'? Yeah, OK, it's a rather obvious point to take so long making it? And with a children's choir?

But at the same time, it has a narrative in a way that You Are the Quarry didn't have at all. The songs are so dense and obviously interrelated. I could say something about Proust or whatever, but I'll just say even Hot Fuss by The Killers is enjoyable in that aspect. The thematic coherence is fantastic, so engaging.

'I've never felt better' - I know! I didn't know I would get to hear it so soon!! It's so GOOD!!

love, math+

the haters had me worried though

That stuff about the second half of the album being poor had me shivering frightfully, but all's well! I hope it's his most everest sellingest album everrrrrr

Hey I just glanced at my watch, 15 minutes have gone by... Freeyoursel(R) should be pointing out to some random poster that they are a c*** any minute.

On freeyourself> the man has a wit, and is devilish handsome, just insensitive.

Re: On freeyourself> the man has a wit, and is devilish handsome, just insensitive.

My dearest Donald, my sensitivity is legendary in parts of West Yorkshire and the depths of my compassion are often referred to in Welsh mining villages, so i'm sure you'll forgive me for pointing out that your vulgar assailant was the troll who likes to approximate my screen name in a rather clumsy attempt to discredit me.
As I have now pointed this out 87 times, I'm sure I can trust other site users to use their eyes more carefully and employ the power of their minds before maligning me further with false assumptions based on a flawed premise.
PS I did like the "devilish handsome" bit though

Thanks, but it won't last, it never does...

Admitting to liking me is marginally worse than admitting to being Josef Mengele.

It's only a matter of time before you are appalled by something I say to one of my detractors here, but I'll enjoy your patronage while it lasts

Back
Top Bottom