When Do you Think Moz Will Really Tour the US?

A

Andy-Mats

So, by my count he's booked until mid summer, with the exception of a few dates in the middle of the country, in the middle of nowhere. What's a stateside Morrissey fan to do? Should we expect a large US tour to follow the UK one?

> So, by my count he's booked until mid summer, with the exception of a few
> dates in the middle of the country, in the middle of nowhere. What's a
> stateside Morrissey fan to do? Should we expect a large US tour to follow
> the UK one?

the fall...sep oct nov...

What I'm wondering is why Moz is waiting so long to tour the US? Especially since he seemed to attack the US before the last album came out.

Do you think it has something to do with wanting to avoid getting sick again and missing so many summer festivals? Because he did miss quite a few because of meningitus (sic).

A stateside Moz fan should book a flight to come to OKC and Tulsa! Two small shows with probably minimal security populated exclusively by the devoted? What's not to love?

Maybe he won't. Perhaps Sanctuary can't afford to support a US tour. The sort of tour that Morrissey did in the US last time probably doesn't make a profit if it's not sold out so needs financial support.

Maybe he won't because he does whatever he likes. Some of you younger folks are spoiled and used to him touring every other year. He went 4 years without touring the US before...

He's at 50-60 gigs already for this year and he's never done more than 66 in a year, so I think there is a big chance he won't be performing in the US this year.
Sorry guys, you'd better book tickets for the Europe/UK tour soon.

He'll tour the United States, don't be stupid.

He's not just going to play a one-off show in Oklahoma and call it a day.

later in the year.....

he is obviously going to do some more dates in the US at some point this year.

Will it be an EXTENSIVE tour? Perhaps not. But it would be VERY shocking for him to not play NYC, LA, Boston, Chicago, Las Vegas, and a few others.

LA must be practically a given, considering the fanbase there!

If he doesn't make it stateside in support of this record, then maybe this really is the end. Most likely, he's waiting for the airplay and press to catch on. I think he likes being famous. Let's face it, without the US he wouldn't be.

Not really. Quarry didn't do much in The States, sold only 195,000 copies or so, whereas in the UK it sold 350,000 copies. Also, a lot of gigs on the 2004 tour in the US didn't sell out. I don't think he's gonna do a full US tour in the fall. Maybe 5 dates in LA and 5 in New York, but that'll be about it.

Also bear in mind that when he was much more famous in the US than in the UK, Your Arsenal Tour for instance, he only played a handful of UK shows.

> Not really. Quarry didn't do much in The States, sold only 195,000 copies
> or so, whereas in the UK it sold 350,000 copies. Also, a lot of gigs on
> the 2004 tour in the US didn't sell out. I don't think he's gonna do a
> full US tour in the fall. Maybe 5 dates in LA and 5 in New York, but
> that'll be about it.

> Also bear in mind that when he was much more famous in the US than in the
> UK, Your Arsenal Tour for instance, he only played a handful of UK shows.

I agree with the earlier comment. You don't you "devoted" fans fly to Oklahoma. People that don't live in LA and NYC have to travel to see anyone decent anymore. Large cities are getting spoiled.

> Also bear in mind that when he was much more famous in the US than in the
> UK, Your Arsenal Tour for instance, he only played a handful of UK shows.

Whether he sells more records or not he has always been far more famous in the UK at all times in his career. He is just a popular cult in the US, has never been a mainstream artist.

Back
Top Bottom