"We look to Los Angeles for the language we use (London is dead)"

L

Lawrence

Funny how times change. It seems that these days we only hear about Moz when he does a tour/signing session in America. Whatever happened
to his loyalty to the UK? Despite the negative press he gets in Britain (a lot deserved, it has to be said), there's still a loyal fanbase here who never see him as often as you lot in the states do.
Waaaaaaaassssuup Moz?

Morrissey Minor
crimson-minor.JPG

Re: "We look to Los Angeles for Morrissey

> the negative press he gets in
> Britain

That's why he's found happiness in LA.

> That's why he's found happiness in LA.

Oh so he's found happiness?? Who told you that? The man himself? Excuse me but that really makes me laugh.....

(So Is The Northeastern US)

> Funny how times change. It seems that these days we only hear
> about Moz when he does a tour/signing session in America.

Well, if he did a tour/signing elsewhere, I'm sure we'd hear about it.
By the way, he DID tour the UK (and we heard about that) - do you remember?

> Whatever happened
> to his loyalty to the UK?

You tell us! From your comments, I'd say his fans became bitter since his move to the states.

> Despite the negative press he gets in
> Britain (a lot deserved, it has to be said),

Why would you say his negative press is deserved?

> there's still a
> loyal fanbase here who never see him as often as you lot in the
> states do.

Apart from the 3 shows I attended this last tour, I have never actually seen the man. Perhaps if I lived in LA...

> Oh so he's found happiness?? Who told you that? The man himself?
> Excuse me but that really makes me laugh.....

Who told you he's miserable in the US?

> Who told you he's miserable in the US?

I was indeed told by someone who was part of his entourage on the recent tour.... appearantly Moz kinda stranded in L.A. for many reasons, one of them is simply the weather. That's why he's looking for a house in Portugal now (and this is known to quite a few people by now...). I can't confirm this since I live thousands of miles from L.A. but someone said to me the other day that his house there is up for sale.

This may be a little naive but I just can't imagine that someone like him would be plain happy in L.A. Probably as little as anywhere else.

Re: I look towards Angelus...ok so that's got not a thing to do with language...

Do you know what I think would make Morrissey feel really good about himself? Well, maybe good is a bit strong but it would certainly boost him in the karma stakes if he was to make over to me a vast portion of his wealth...

...He'll be rewarded for it, he will!

I really, really want him to come back to europe. and this is not for selfish reasons (for what advantage would I have in him living in portugal, really?). it just doesn*t seem right, mighty mo and carmen electra...

I REALLY DONT GIVE A FIG ROLL WHERE HE LIVES AS LONG AS HE STARTS RELEASING SOME DECENT STUFF SOON

BUT THE STATES SEEMS TO HAVE MADE HIM LAZY AND HE SEEMS TO HAVE GONE OFF FIZZ

I CANT IMAGINE THERE IS MUCH IN LA TO WRITE A CLASS ALBUM ABOUT PLASTIC PEOPLE PLASTIC PLACE ETC ETC > That's why he's found happiness in LA.

> I really, really want him to come back to europe. and this is
> not for selfish reasons (for what advantage would I have in him
> living in portugal, really?). it just doesn*t seem right, mighty
> mo and carmen electra...

I spent six weeks in Spain and Portugal on a work/study two years ago. While Portugal is a beautiful country, I can't even imagine Morrissey living there. It just isn't his kind of place.

> I was indeed told by someone who was part of his entourage on
> the recent tour.... appearantly Moz kinda stranded in L.A. for
> many reasons, one of them is simply the weather. That's why he's
> looking for a house in Portugal now (and this is known to quite
> a few people by now...). I can't confirm this since I live
> thousands of miles from L.A. but someone said to me the other
> day that his house there is up for sale.

Just so you know, the afore mentioned has been a rumor for about 6 or 7 months now- that's all it is. I can tell you, he probably feels uncomfortable everywhere- although he loves Chicago as well, but you are speaking of a man who is uncomfortable in his own SKIN, much less his house or the city of choice. He enjoys LA. And that's all I will say on that! I have even better sources that say he definitely is not looking for a house in Portugal- but I am not sure about the house up for sale here in LA. That very well could be, but I haven't heard of that either...

He doesn't get ANY press here...I wonder which is worse?

> He doesn't get ANY press here...I wonder which is worse?

No news is good news?

> I spent six weeks in Spain and Portugal on a work/study two
> years ago. While Portugal is a beautiful country, I can't even
> imagine Morrissey living there. It just isn't his kind of place.

really? Lisboa's perfect for him. Such a city of longing, and never belonging. Excellent place to live under cover.
He'll live in fado's, morna's and these titillating, sensual portugueseness. If life's hard to bear, Portugal makes the crushing smoother.
That's the first thing I hear about it, but Portugal would be an excellent choice!

Re: Yaaaawwwwn -

> Just so you know, the afore mentioned has been a rumor for about
> 6 or 7 months now- that's all it is. I can tell you, he probably
> feels uncomfortable everywhere- although he loves Chicago as
> well, but you are speaking of a man who is uncomfortable in his
> own SKIN, much less his house or the city of choice. He enjoys
> LA. And that's all I will say on that! I have even better
> sources that say he definitely is not looking for a house in
> Portugal- but I am not sure about the house up for sale here in
> LA. That very well could be, but I haven't heard of that
> either...

Just so I bloody know?? You are really starting to get on my nerves!! When will you stop reading stuff into my posts that are not there!! Why did you not quote the last sentence of my post in which I said exactly what you came up with oh so smartly, that he's not happy anywhere???

GOD - what is your childhood trauma?? (To quote Cinders..) Let me guess, you're an unemployed teacher who needs a new battle field....

Back
Top Bottom