Morrissey - vegetarian or vegan?

B

broken!!!!

I've always thought he was a vegetarian but i don't think he's a vegan. Although the interview may possibly (maybe) be a fraud, it mentions egg sandwiches. This would fit in with vegetarianism but not veganism.

In the past I remember him having buttered toast and tea with milk - a vegan could have neither of these because he wouldn't consume dairy products. So I do think he's a vegetarian - does anyone know for sure? This could be a clue to whether the interview is a fraud - if he's ever mentioned eggs being off-limits, that would suggest it's a fraud.. or a joke possibly.. even an inside joke

someone just pointed out he eats ice creams

silly me. Any joghurt,. Yep, he's no vegan. He just avoids flesh.

> I've always thought he was a vegetarian but i don't think he's a vegan.
> Although the interview may possibly (maybe) be a fraud, it mentions egg
> sandwiches. This would fit in with vegetarianism but not veganism.

> In the past I remember him having buttered toast and tea with milk - a
> vegan could have neither of these because he wouldn't consume dairy
> products. So I do think he's a vegetarian - does anyone know for sure?
> This could be a clue to whether the interview is a fraud - if he's ever
> mentioned eggs being off-limits, that would suggest it's a fraud.. or a
> joke possibly.. even an inside joke

Interview evidence:

-in one he was eating welsh rarebit (cheese on toast for those who don't know)
-in another he had an ice cream sundae
-in his younger days he used to avoid everything with garlic and onion and mostly eat omeletes or beans on toast (probably still does)
-he drinks black tea (requiring milk) although when it's earl grey, don't dare put milk in cause he'll kill you for it (it needs lemon)

He's always had the best of intentions with his vegetarianism and he's definitely done a great job of converting fans, however, he's never been as strict with himself as he ought (the leather he used to wear for one).
The book that made me go veggie (and almost vegan - i'm working on it) explained that dairy farming and mass production of eggs on poultry farms is far crueler than the meat industry.
If I ever got to discuss this with Moz i'd ask him to think of the cow's predicament from a human perspective, would the female be happier to survive, but have every child she bears taken away at a few weeks, wait until her breasts are so full she can't stand without her knees buckling, and then be hooked up to a milking machine? To top it all off, within a few weeks, she's impregnated again. Why do you think cows moo so much? When they're not lowing for their lost calves, they're in pain from oversensitive or infected udders. It's truly barbaric, not to mention the fact that humans shouldn't drink another animals milk anyway; it's weird and not very good for us because we can't digest it properly.
When it comes to eggs we all know about free range, but even that is dodgy, for a hen to lay enough eggs it's pituitary gland is has to be overactive (they expose them to light for most of the night), this shortens the hens lifespan. Also, hens roost in trees, not on the ground as poultry farms force them to.
Now look what you made me do, i've gone on a rant again.
But no, Moz isn't vegan, though i think i heard somewhere that he was trying. The ice cream in that recent picture must've either been soy, or just too tempting.

he's never once claimed to be a vegan

he's always talked of the consumption of dairy, and he also admittedly wears leather shoes and belts. so no, not even close to being a vegan.

i agree with you wholeheartedly. i'm quite sick and disappointed at the man who made me vegan (yes, it was "meat is murder"). even on his "who put the 'm'" dvd, the peta video "meet your meat" is quite explicit in showing how awful these chickens and dairy cows are treated...it's really torture worse than death to treated as egg and milk machines...and they are slaughtered in the end as well.

i love mozzer but i find it so hard to take or believe he doesn't know this, and certainly he's not fooling himself that the milk and eggs he eats are any different. perhaps at home he can find organic eggs and milk from responsible farms, but i hardly think that's possible with him on the road, and certainly, i almost can't believe that he's that discriminatory. if he's eating an ice cream sundae at the beverly hills hotel, how can he possibly know that the milk and eggs used in that ice cream are from organic and responsible farms? the simple answer is he doesn't.

if you really do hold values like that close to your heart, it's better to leave dairy and eggs out of your life altogether, oh morrissey, why heavens why?!!

> Interview evidence:

> -in one he was eating welsh rarebit (cheese on toast for those who don't
> know)
> -in another he had an ice cream sundae
> -in his younger days he used to avoid everything with garlic and onion and
> mostly eat omeletes or beans on toast (probably still does)
> -he drinks black tea (requiring milk) although when it's earl grey, don't
> dare put milk in cause he'll kill you for it (it needs lemon)

> He's always had the best of intentions with his vegetarianism and he's
> definitely done a great job of converting fans, however, he's never been
> as strict with himself as he ought (the leather he used to wear for one).
> The book that made me go veggie (and almost vegan - i'm working on it)
> explained that dairy farming and mass production of eggs on poultry farms
> is far crueler than the meat industry.
> If I ever got to discuss this with Moz i'd ask him to think of the cow's
> predicament from a human perspective, would the female be happier to
> survive, but have every child she bears taken away at a few weeks, wait
> until her breasts are so full she can't stand without her knees buckling,
> and then be hooked up to a milking machine? To top it all off, within a
> few weeks, she's impregnated again. Why do you think cows moo so much?
> When they're not lowing for their lost calves, they're in pain from
> oversensitive or infected udders. It's truly barbaric, not to mention the
> fact that humans shouldn't drink another animals milk anyway; it's weird
> and not very good for us because we can't digest it properly.
> When it comes to eggs we all know about free range, but even that is
> dodgy, for a hen to lay enough eggs it's pituitary gland is has to be
> overactive (they expose them to light for most of the night), this
> shortens the hens lifespan. Also, hens roost in trees, not on the ground
> as poultry farms force them to.
> Now look what you made me do, i've gone on a rant again.
> But no, Moz isn't vegan, though i think i heard somewhere that he was
> trying. The ice cream in that recent picture must've either been soy, or
> just too tempting.

organic butter is still butter.

> what if it was soy milk and organic butter?

Re: he's never once claimed to be a vegan

> he's always talked of the consumption of dairy, and he also admittedly
> wears leather shoes and belts. so no, not even close to being a vegan.

He may as well kill animals live on stage then. I wouldn't say I care deeply about humanity whilst wearing shoes made of human skin.

He said Meat Is Murder and by that he means flesh. Drinking milk and eating eggs is only tourture to the animal. So, he wasn't preaching about torture, just plain old murder.

Wellies On Moz Wouldn't Be Very Sexy Though And He's Done More Than Most For Animals Anyway.

Can you get plastic shoes? He could wear kickers!!! lol!!!!

I Thought Dairy Cows Were Put Out To Pasture When Their Milking Days Were Done & Died Naturally.

Even so it's horrible to think they spent their days solely as milk machines for humans. It's not much of quality of life is it?

Cheese

His love of cheese is well-documented and he is very particular, apparently.

I would like to point out there was no pun intended in the above comment.

He is a veggie, not a vegan.

I know a woman who once had to cook a meal for him. He asked for a spinnach and egg pie. As said before, the clues are all around us, the cheese, the milk, the ice creams...

Alexandra Palace flyer was licking an ice cream

Milk and eggs are murder too. The male calves and male chicks killed shortly after death. Only need one sperm donor per farm.

Moz is a very frustrating on animal rights. He talks the talk at every given chance yet doesn't back it up. He wears leather ("There really is no real alternative")and silk. Posted tour menus seem very heavy on dairy produce.

All his work with PETA you'd think by now they'd enlightened him but he'd shrug it off with "don't rack up my mistakes I know exactly what they are..."

Back
Top Bottom