For the MAssive Attack fans - a new album in the works

• Thread starter The Seeker of Good Songs
  • Start date
T

The Seeker of Good Songs

from: http://www.side-line.com/news_comments.php?id=11660_0_2_0_C

"To be released 27th March 2006 is "Collected", a Massive Attack Best Of. The album features tracks chosen by the band, including such gems as "Unfinished Sympathy", "Safe From Harm", "Protection", "Teardrop" and "Angel". The special edition of "Collected" contains a bonus CD comprising of a new compilation of rare and reworked material as well as brand new recordings (including three new tracks: "False Flags", "Silent Spring" featuring Liz Fraser and "Joy Luck Club"), whilst the flip side features a DVD of all the videos to date. The album will be preceded by a brand new single on 13th March, "Live With Me", featuring Terry Callier on vocals. Written by Robert Del Naja, Neil Davidge and Terry Callier, and produced by Del Naja and Davidge, this track sees a return to a more soulful sound for Massive Attack, while retaining the lush production of their more recent albums. The new video is directed by Jonathan Glazer, his first in six years. Massive Attack are currently in the studio and have completed seven tracks for their fifth album, "Weather Underground", with long time cohort and co-producer Neil Davidge. At present, they are dividing time between Bristol and New York where they have been recording with Dave Sitek and TV On The Radio, one of several collaborations for the album. The band will be performing a series of live dates and festivals throughout the summer and autumn of 2006, details of which will be announced in due course. Massive Attack have made four albums to date, "Blue Lines", "Protection", "Mezzanine" and "100th Window" clocking up 9 million sales."

Massive Attack

Their songs are kind of hit-and-miss for me but I like them for having various vocalists. Some songs just fit some singers better than others.

> Their songs are kind of hit-and-miss for me but I like them for having
> various vocalists. Some songs just fit some singers better than others.
Yes- i love 'man next door' off mezzanine.

Back
Top Bottom