The message board

J

Jasmine

I have read a lot of silly posts here a lot of which have'nt a great deal to do with our beloved Morrissey, but as others have pointed out Morrissey has not been too prolific as of late, there by making it quite hard indeed for the likes of us to post interesting Moz only relevant topics.
I think the lot of you are taking this a bit too far. This is ONLY a message board not a life line, remember. What WOULD Morrissey think? Hmmm? Ask yourselves this. There is no romance or spirt here because of the medium which we are in. This is, by its very nature void of such things.
You are looking at a computer screen right now. What could ever be magical about that? What IS it the drives you to enlist the aid of a machine to do that which others are able to do on there own.
Im speaking of the percentage of creepy males and females all over "cyber-world" ,and here, who seem hell bent on snagging a lover , flirting(or thinking that they have) with others or gaining a deluded sense of popularity..it realy is a bit sad..but you know this could go on and on. It is an exampe of how this, the INTERNET has been misused, I think. It should be a remedy for boredom and nothing more, but it isnt that all is it?

P.S
No offence to anyone, reading these posts..some of you are just too much.

Jasmine

> I have read a lot of silly posts here a lot of which have'nt a
> great deal to do with our beloved Morrissey, but as others have
> pointed out Morrissey has not been too prolific as of late,
> there by making it quite hard indeed for the likes of us to post
> interesting Moz only relevant topics.
> I think the lot of you are taking this a bit too far. This is
> ONLY a message board not a life line, remember. What WOULD
> Morrissey think? Hmmm? Ask yourselves this. There is no romance
> or spirt here because of the medium which we are in. This is, by
> its very nature void of such things.
> You are looking at a computer screen right now. What could ever
> be magical about that? What IS it the drives you to enlist the
> aid of a machine to do that which others are able to do on there
> own.
> Im speaking of the percentage of creepy males and females all
> over "cyber-world" ,and here, who seem hell bent on
> snagging a lover , flirting(or thinking that they have) with
> others or gaining a deluded sense of popularity..it realy is a
> bit sad..but you know this could go on and on. It is an exampe
> of how this, the INTERNET has been misused, I think. It should
> be a remedy for boredom and nothing more, but it isnt that all
> is it?

> P.S
> No offence to anyone, reading these posts..some of you are just
> too much.

> Jasmine

Before turning on my pc, i was watching my Morrissey video colection, and I suddenly thought how he is important in our lifes, for his art, but not just the art, because when we love a person, that can enrich our own universe. On the other hand, this place here is full of people who are real fans, and when we get closer, we discover how they can be dear, so it's almost impossible avoid their feelings, even when they are angry because they've lost someone they loved so much (my case). Yes, this discussion board is about our favorite fellow, but our words, sometimes hard, or not, just revel our devotion. His lyrics will often be the best topic(for me), but now I see that we simply need to let people feel comfortable and express themselves. Even that guy greasetea makes sense for me now, cause when I was full of angry, and I was feeling so confused, I was worst than him, and I'm not proud about the things I've said. If you pay attention, "it's often about Morrissey"... well, about internet, it's just "take it or leave it", ...sometimes I hate internet, but then I think that maybe someone nice is there, and maybe their words are an example...of good or bad things. About the cyber stuff,...well, trash is all around, but i still believe it can be a good way to be in touch, and share our love and devotion to Morrissey. At the end of "HULMERIST" video, you can see those children, so wild, full of love and gratitude, tears in their faces, Morrissey allowieng those WILD hugs, and so many incredulous eyes in front of their idol...and start... WHEN YOU WALK, THROUGH A STORM,...HOLD YOUR HEAD UP HIGH,...AND DON'T BE AFRAID OF THE DARK...

http://etnox.s.tripod.com/somniumart/

Re: God love, what was your childhood trauma?

> I have read a lot of silly posts here a lot of which have'nt a
> great deal to do with our beloved Morrissey, but as others have
> pointed out Morrissey has not been too prolific as of late,
> there by making it quite hard indeed for the likes of us to post
> interesting Moz only relevant topics.

Some of us don't need an excuse, like Morrissey not doing anything, to write silly things...some of us just are silly.

> I think the lot of you are taking this a bit too far. This is
> ONLY a message board not a life line, remember. What WOULD
> Morrissey think? Hmmm? Ask yourselves this. There is no romance
> or spirt here because of the medium which we are in. This is, by
> its very nature void of such things.

Weren't morrisseys thoughts something along the line of 'wide to recieve' If you find no romance or spirit in this medium, may I suggest it is because you yourself lack these qualities except in the most obvious of senses.

> You are looking at a computer screen right now. What could ever
> be magical about that? What IS it the drives you to enlist the
> aid of a machine to do that which others are able to do on there
> own.

Utter computer nerdiness, I even find the insides pretty...oooww look at that lovely motherboard...Sad or no (and let's face it who's to decide) I get excited by the thought of a clock speed of 1.5GHz! The truth is that machines ARE better than human beings and you can open them up and take out there insides and mess about with them without getting into the slightest bit of trouble...you can't do that with people...oh no!

> Im speaking of the percentage of creepy males and females all
> over "cyber-world" ,and here, who seem hell bent on
> snagging a lover , flirting(or thinking that they have) with
> others or gaining a deluded sense of popularity..it realy is a
> bit sad..but you know this could go on and on. It is an exampe
> of how this, the INTERNET has been misused, I think. It should
> be a remedy for boredom and nothing more, but it isnt that all
> is it?

The men and the women are aquainted quite well...indeed, but then watching idiots reel giddy puts me off my dinner in any format.

> P.S
> No offence to anyone, reading these posts..some of you are just
> too much.

Too, too much...how about enough, enough would be nice, and so would Jam tarts.

Re: God love, what was your childhood trauma?

I dont mean to touch raw nerves here, BUT the fact remains that most of the people here take this board way too seriously which leads me to believe that it is a bit TOO big a piece of their lives.
You know the people Im speaking of - over dramatic and over wrought nonsense about their "lives" ...and then we cant forget the wannabe wits can we now? Hmmm those that think that they are Ms.Parker reborn...

> Weren't morrisseys thoughts something along the line of 'wide to
> recieve' If you find no romance or spirit in this medium, may I
> suggest it is because you yourself lack these qualities except
> in the most obvious of senses.

Unlike a lot of the people here I do not take Morrissey's every move as dogma, I havent passed that line yet...
You know, there are people who could find romance in a hammer and a lump of glue but I suppose they are more atuned than I am.
May I ask,what is an obvious medium? You can project a sense of spirt and romance onto anything, and for every real "momemt" you have experinced you know this to be true.

I hate to bring up the likes of Shelly and Keats, but you can not deny that they were the true moderns and in my mind the world has been fumbling through a retrogresive period since than..Yes the leaps in science and medicine, but it doesnt equal out.

If you have any other... thoughts, by all means please share them with me.

Re: Take a pill

> ...and then we
> cant forget the wannabe wits can we now? Hmmm those that think
> that they are Ms.Parker reborn...

Who? You don't mean Bonny do you?!

> Unlike a lot of the people here I do not take Morrissey's every
> move as dogma...I haven't passed that line yet...

I'd call the first statement a radical interpretation of the text! And the second...is this something you are proud of? Only I can't quite tell.

> You know, there are people who could find romance in a hammer
> and a lump of glue but I suppose they are more atuned than I am.
> May I ask,what is an obvious medium? You can project a sense of
> spirt and romance onto anything, and for every real
> "momemt" you have experinced you know this to be true.

An obvious medium is someone who is most certainly, definitely, even to the untrained eye, neither a large nor a small. And alas I am, at heart a silly, foolish girl and can become terribly overwhelmed by the smallest, unlikliest of things (this is not good when it leads you to burst into tears in supermarkets). What can I say? I'm hormonally imbalanced and an emotional wreck! I never learn from my mistakes and spend most of my days in the guise of a complete fool!
But enough about my good points...

> I hate to bring up the likes of Shelly and Keats, but you can
> not deny that they were the true moderns and in my mind the
> world has been fumbling through a retrogresive period since
> than..Yes the leaps in science and medicine, but it doesnt equal
> out.

Bring up? Sounds nasty! I'm terribly afraid I'm not in your mind, which at the end of the day is what all this comes down to, no?! And I prefer Plath myself.

> If you have any other... thoughts, by all means please share
> them with me.

I don't like sharing but you can borrow them for a few minutes a week on thursday.

Re: Take a pill

> I'd call the first statement a radical interpretation of the
> text! And the second...is this something you are proud of? Only
> I can't quite tell.

To clarify, it seems needed, you did suggest that because Morrissey wrote a song about the internet then somehow it MUST be "okay"
The radical part of this escapes me, but then again Im not quite in the same zone as you am I?

You are right about this being highly subjective.

By the way I sense a little hostility on your part "Take a pill" Goodness! that seems a litte base for your level of wit does it not..?

Oh well,Im sure you have many more magical moments waiting for you here in CYBERLAND. Cheers!

Re:Hippy Happy HTML...

> To clarify, it seems needed, you did suggest that because
> Morrissey wrote a song about the internet then somehow it MUST
> be "okay"
> The radical part of this escapes me, but then again Im not quite
> in the same zone as you am I?

Probably not...I think if I found somebody who was I would run screaming from the obvious lunatic!

> You are right about this being highly subjective.

Objectivly subjective as ever.

> By the way I sense a little hostility on your part "Take a
> pill" Goodness! that seems a litte base for your level of
> wit does it not..?

Nope, no hostility meant what so ever...laughing...so maybe you do need to take one after all (if I were attempting to be unpleasant,wouldn't I have suggested you take many many more than just one?!)

> Oh well,Im sure you have many more magical moments waiting for
> you here in CYBERLAND. Cheers!

I find much more pleasure in the insides of my computer and its software especially, but the Internet provides good, mindless relief from all those 0's and 1's...

I love my hard drive, it's super!

BTW motorola produce better chips than Intel...but will anybody listen?

Jasmine, your mom should have taken the damn pill you slapneck

That is binary for jasmine is the biggest douche bag drinking, vinegar sprinkling, sorry sap of a bitch that ever graced this "cyberspace"..ooh how 90's (ever see Hackers you wench?).

Listen turd on a stick, please shove your fuc.king head in the blender and set it on "lamebrain" you lousy pickledi.ckie.

Soon you'll be saying that cell phones will have the technology to browse the "web". Go back to the cave you came out of you sorry lipid sucking shinola shinky sodass stupid gingerbread head and slob the knob you hinghang. Good thing I'm in a happy fu.cking mood $hitchips.

Re: Jasmine, your mom should have taken the damn pill you slapneck

"Cyber space" is indeed a 90's phrase, your point ,as it were ,is lost on me.
Im sure you too will continue to achieve many special moments here in CYBER SPACE. The magical place that it is.

Very funny

It seems that you slip into your moral police uniform when it suits you. Could it be that you the fighter againts all things vulgar and crass - has lost his faith? What will we ever do?

Leave Cinders alone, you evil stepmother.

Jasmine, you strike me as the kind of person who watches American sitcoms and laughs when the people on the telly instruct you to laugh.

Americans...I ask you...

LMC x

P.S And you're boring.

Re: Very funny - indeed!

> It seems that you slip into your moral police uniform when it
> suits you. Could it be that you the fighter againts all things
> vulgar and crass - has lost his faith? What will we ever do?

You're right that I generally don't enjoy the vulgarity - but when it comes to dissing you - I'll make an exception!

Re: Leave Cinders alone, you evil stepmother.

> Jasmine, you strike me as the kind of person who watches
> American sitcoms and laughs when the people on the telly
> instruct you to laugh.

> Americans...I ask you...

> LMC x

> P.S And you're boring.

Ah yes therein lies the differnce..I do not try to impress with some form of pseudu-wit. Perhaps I am boring compared to the stellar assorment of minds here...um, American sitcoms..I don't get it? Again it seems that you are just over my head dear.
Cheers!

> You're right that I generally don't enjoy the vulgarity - but
> when it comes to dissing you - I'll make an exception!

How, may I ask did you "diss" me? hmmmm, well this is oh so boring, please stop trying so hard dear fellow - it is painfull to observe.
This is not a popularity forum, as it appears most of the people here seem to think you a bit much, but in your mind you may very well be the king of the world.
Cheers!

> How, may I ask did you "diss" me? hmmmm,
I was laughing at GREASETEA dissing you! Don't feel too bad - he disses EVERYONE!

well this is
> oh so boring, please stop trying so hard dear fellow - it is
> painfull to observe.
> This is not a popularity forum, as it appears most of the people
> here seem to think you a bit much,

I'd love to know how you seem to have an inside track on what "most of the people here" are thinking! ESP?

but in your mind you may very
> well be the king of the world.

I am but a humble worker in a small museum - I don't claim to be anything more - or less!

> Cheers!
Kisses and hugs!

Ben

I think I've figured out your OTHER identity!

> Ah yes therein lies the differnce..I do not try to impress with
> some form of pseudu-wit. Perhaps I am boring compared to the
> stellar assorment of minds here...um, American sitcoms..I don't
> get it? Again it seems that you are just over my head dear.
> Cheers!

Are you also posting as another - but with grace and good manners? If you are - it's REALLY CREEPY that you have this EVIL-DARK side! But at the same time it's kinda cool!I suspect you are really a man - baby!

FOOL!! your such a bull@#!!!ting idiot,your full of @#!!!e

> You're right that I generally don't enjoy the vulgarity - but
> when it comes to dissing you - I'll make an exception!

Back
Top Bottom