The changing face of Morrissey-solo

C

Copeland

When I first logged onto this site in late '97, visitors here seemed interesting and somehow poetic...there was a sense that this place wasn't really cyberspace and that we were exempt from garbage and intruders. David T.'s name was mentioned with gratitude and respect. Also, Morrissey's lyrics were on the tip of everyone's tongue. But now, I don't know...it seems kind of ordinary: the people, the topics, everything. Even Morrissey. I don't know what explains this, or if my perception is simply wrong. It just doesn't feel like the spirit of the Smiths.

I know EXACTLY what you mean, though it's hard to put into words. Nobody here is passionate about the right things. Those who can write beautiful words don't come here any more. Can you blame them? The pathetic war of words between visitors is quite saddening. I think the name of the web site indicates what the subject matter should be. Maybe that makes me sound slightly fascistic. I'm not

> When I first logged onto this site in late '97, visitors here
> seemed interesting and somehow poetic...there was a sense that
> this place wasn't really cyberspace and that we were exempt from
> garbage and intruders. David T.'s name was mentioned with
> gratitude and respect. Also, Morrissey's lyrics were on the tip
> of everyone's tongue. But now, I don't know...it seems kind of
> ordinary: the people, the topics, everything. Even Morrissey. I
> don't know what explains this, or if my perception is simply
> wrong. It just doesn't feel like the spirit of the Smiths.

Forgive me but I think it's pretty arrogant to be posting here once every so-and-so many weeks and then only to complain about what's going on here...... If you're not happy with what's being said, start some topic that appeals to you and see if people jump on the train. If not you can still complain afterwards. But have you ever considered that everyone's (except Greasetea) just running out of inspiration?? Well at least that's what I can say for myself....I'm sorry if what I post seems oh so ordinary to you but that's all I can do at the moment.

Now hold on. It is a matter of fact that the bulk of the posts are not open to debate. They are either too silly, or entirely free (I mean, anyone can post anything), some are fun to read and witty, and much better than what you find in pub-conversations. They may relieve some of this particularly dreadful solitary existence. So be it.

The threads that are interesting, and some are, are however cut short all too often, or not continued. Lack of interest? Lack of factual knowledge?

What begs the question: can there really be a "discussion", or is it just an exchange of points of views, interpretations and so on?
And what should be defined as "interesting"?

Those who are in the know, refrain from posting on particular points of Mozzie's private life. They know better. The rest of the bunch makes wild or more educated guesses.

Now, instead of starting a meta-discussion about the changing face of Morrissey-solo, why not start a discussion (there was an attempt, some threads ago) about the changing face of Mozzie himself? About the changing face of the "followers"?

I agree with Mimi, the floor is open (thanks, David T (the real one)). Feel free to post anything (even if it's interesting).

P.S. There's now MUCH more info on the main page - snippets and tibits from all over the place than, say, 3 years ago. It seems Mozzie has never ever been stalked that closely on the net. More than ever. It's much easier to track him down in cyberspace, than in LA.

cheers,
from one of my multiple heteronyms,
wicked wendy

Re: Morrissey-solo : The Generic Board

This board has become a generic board. The Morrissey/Smiths spirit is gone. The people who post here (for the most part) are attempting to be the focus of the board themselves, but Morrissey is mostly ignored.

I'm looking forward to the DVD! There are some of the videos I've not seen. The next step for the Man would be a concert DVD. I've not even been able to get my hands on a bootleg.

DVD

I need to go out now and spend a fortune on a DVD player. I suppose it'll be worth it though

Re: DVD

> I need to go out now and spend a fortune on a DVD player. I
> suppose it'll be worth it though

I've had my DVD player for some time now. You won't regret the purchace. Shop around, and it need not cost fortune. I bought a 5 changer, but you really need a single unless you are planning to use it as a primary CD player.

Back
Top Bottom