Which one song would you give anything to hear Moz sing live?

T

Tracey Lourdes

....apart from the new stuff of course. Mine's Skinstorm

From Mozza's back catalogue, you choose a cover?!

I'd go for The National Front Disco or anything where I can jump like crazy.

Re: Lucky Lisp

I can't believe you said that, Worm. I returned to say exactly that about Paint a vulgar picture!!! Yes definitely.

Not that I would give ANYTHING, but I think I would love to hear "Come Back To Camden".

I Started Something I Couldn't Finish/Nowhere Fast/You Just Haven't Earned It Yet Baby

Seasick yet still docked,Interesting drug, mute witness, GLAMOROUS GLUE!!!!

Re: Lucky Lisp

Wouldn't it be amazing? It's the one song written from the vantage point of a young fan who idolizes an older pop star. Almost twenty years have passed, and now Morrissey has been through the meat-grinder of the music industry and finds himself in the position of the "media whore" rather than the kid dancing his legs down to his knees. I don't meant that Morrissey has sold out or been exploited, merely that it would be incredible to hear him sing from the older and experienced, rather than the younger and naive, vantage point. He'd be answering his younger self. Like "Rubber Ring" on the last tour, he'd be giving you a sense of his living legend, and how important he was and stil remains, even as he slips in a poignant hint at a goodbye...

Given the variety and force of the words, I know Morrissey would make some incredible alterations. The commentary on the music industry would be tempting-- just imagine the daggers he would throw in the form of his usual caustic, mid-song improvisations! A final drop of the trousers to the world, and Geoff Travis would be the least of his victims.

Also, I think the band would play the song pretty well; my only concern would be the guitar solo, but I think Boz could probably play it correctly. The track kicks off with Johnny's thundering chord, followed by that powerful, strident drumbeat-- everyone would know it instantly and instantly go insane. Especially if it were played as the encore, the way "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out" was. Morrissey would sing his last line, say farewell, and then, because of the song's Moz-less ending and fadeout, the band would be free to launch into an over the top "strum und drang" finale including, but not limited to, the complete destruction of all equipment.

Perfect.

Of course, he could play both that song *and* "Lucky Lisp", which would be my dream. "Lucky Lisp" is, to my ears, his most underrated song. Why this B-side gem hasn't been played live I don't know. The track is ideal for live performances, allowing for "quieter" bits of crooning between the rockier passages, and now he's got a keyboard player to do the synths.

Re: I Know It's Over

Death of A Disco Dancer, Asleep, Well I Wonder, Southpaw

Yes I know, it was a tough one but its sooooo sexy to hear Moz singing those words! It was either that or Playboy and I have seen him do that, albeit 15 years ago.

definately

i know its over,
sister, im a poet,
seasick, yet still docked
everyday is like sunday

Back
Top Bottom