Mozzer Interruptus pt. II: Morrissey - "Famous International Playboy"

C

Codreanu

Morrissey - "Famous International Playboy" Limelight, New York 24/11/92 (very good audience recording)

01 - Intro (Wayward Sisters)

02 - The Last Of The Famous International Playboys

03 - We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful

04 - Sister I'm A Poet

05 - Certain People I Know

06 - November Spawned A Monster

07 - You're The One For Me Fatty

08 - The Loop

09 - Interesting Drug

10 - Glamorous Glue

11 - Outro (Ave Maria)

The first of the three New York shows was a big disappointment. It was booked in a nightclub packed more than it was legally allowed and there wasn't an opening act, just techno music. At midnight, MTV's Dave Kendall came on stage and announced that "The Mozzerman" would be taking the stage in half an hour.

When Morrissey finally came on stage, he had the words "SLIP IN" written on his chest. He opened with a really wild version of "The Last Of The Famous International Playboys". Later, to someone who shouted "Oscillate Wildly!" Morrissey replied "Oh yeah, we'll do that one".

Throughout the show, there was a lot of crowd surfing and stage diving. The doors had been closed by the Fire Dept. and the place was really packed. They were warned that they would have to stop the concert. Halfway into the planned set, during "Glamorous Glue" everything was stopped. The reason given was overbooking and fire hazard, but there were fights in the audience, and that certainly didn't help. Morrissey left the stage, the band noisily finished the song without vocals, Gary poured beer over and smashed his bass, Spencer violently smashed his drums and they left too.

http://www.passionsjustlikemine.com/moz-g9210us.htm#1124

"Famous International Playboy" (35.3 MB)

Thanks for that, its excellent, but I can't get track 2, keeps coming up as corrupteded, anyone managed to download the track? Would someone post it for me? thanks

Great recording - worthy of posting a lossless version! Any chance (e.g. on www.dimeadozen.org) ?

any chance you could repost it please???

can't get this one...any chance you could repost it please???

Re: any chance you could repost it please???

> can't get this one...any chance you could repost it please???
i 2nd that, would love this one thanks cod

Re: Morrissey - "Famous International Playboy" (repost)

legend!!! thanks

Back
Top Bottom