is pulp the second coming of the smiths?

• Thread starter smoke all my cigarettes
  • Start date
S

smoke all my cigarettes

hello you silly sops! how goes your semi precious lives? im writing this message beacuse i believe that pulp is the second coming of the smiths. laugh all you want ,what would you know anyway. i think they produce songs which are closest to what the smiths had. i know its just on a smaller level, just a glimmer, but its wonderfull all the same.they have the nicest lyrics and catchy phrases i have heard in a long time. before you scoff give it a listen, buy yourself a copy of"this is hardcore"

Re: TEE HEE

AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was a good one!

-Iamawas

smiths and morrissey videos

Musically and in terms of attitude, the bands are quite different. Still, Jarvis is the best lyricist to come along since the demise of the Smiths. He's not too bad a singer, either - for some reason, I can listen to him say "oh yeah" in "Dishes" again and again and again without getting bored.

> hello you silly sops! how goes your semi precious lives? im¿ writing this message beacuse i believe that pulp is the second¿ coming of the smiths. laugh all you want ,what would you know¿ anyway. i think they produce songs which are closest to what the¿ smiths had. i know its just on a smaller level, just a glimmer,¿ but its wonderfull all the same.they have the nicest lyrics and¿ catchy phrases i have heard in a long time. before you scoff¿ give it a listen, buy yourself a copy of"this is¿ hardcore"

I think they are very good, check out "His n' Hers" which I think is the best album. Hardcore is good, esp. the first 4 songs, it seems to go down hill a bit after that though.

JC is a God

"Babies" always makes me cry and I could listen to Underwear and Something Changed for ever.

Isn't it nice that we all agree? Just wait for the slagging ....

They're quite different but Pulp are definetely better than Suede or Blur. They're the closest to the Smiths. If you want to listen to something super good get "Countdown" Many people would say, they're dark songs and I agree but it is a good album.

Re: JC is a Joy

< Isn't it nice that we all agree? Just wait for the slagging ....
No slagging here! I've adored Jarvis since he took the stage to show Michael Jackson what a real a## looks like! Pulp just keeps getting better.

Re: is pulp the second coming...

> They're quite different but Pulp are definetely better than¿ Suede or Blur. They're the closest to the Smiths.

I feel like it´s impossible to compare Pulp with Suede or even Blur. It´s 1999, and the days are gone when you could throw tehm all into one box with the label "Britpop".

In a way, Mansun are close to the Smiths. The Longpigs (which are said to be in the studio to record a new album right now) were close to them. And the Field Mice sounded quite like the Smiths, too.

And what does "better" mean in music anyway?

Field Mice are go!

i dunno...I love both Pulp and The Smiths..and even though Ive heard a lot of people saying that Pulp are like the Smiths...I just dont see it...

> hello you silly sops! how goes your semi precious lives? im¿ writing this message beacuse i believe that pulp is the second¿ coming of the smiths. laugh all you want ,what would you know¿ anyway. i think they produce songs which are closest to what the¿ smiths had. i know its just on a smaller level, just a glimmer,¿ but its wonderfull all the same.they have the nicest lyrics and¿ catchy phrases i have heard in a long time. before you scoff¿ give it a listen, buy yourself a copy of"this is¿ hardcore"

I agree that Pulp is just as amazing, but I know for a fact that The Smiths began AFTER Pulp. Chronologically, they aren't the second coming. But, if you consider the slow burn for them to conquer the world, yeah, you are right in that sense--they weren't at the top when they started out. And, "This Is Hardcore" is the greatest thing made since the invention of the gun silencer.

Re: is pulp the second coming...

Your right on saying that is imposible to compare them, I guess what I meant to say what that Pulp are better than them to ME. What do you mean it's 1999?
I don't know who Mansun or The Longpigs are. Help me on that one.¿ And what does "better" mean in music anyway

I guess that's personal, you decide what is better.

Back
Top Bottom