What is your pet peeve?

• Thread starter The Seeker of Good Songs
  • Start date
T

The Seeker of Good Songs

Mine current one is commenters/reviewers of music or whatever who use the phrase:
"so and so & co(mpany)", as I saw earlier in the recent poll comments, "Morrissey and Co" and in some reviews of the new DM album "Gore & Co".

This just sounds like someone is trying to be intellectual and it isn't working.

Maybe it's just me.

Covert censorship,aided by apathy,aiming to silence debate that the corrupt authority can't win?

I take that back, he's a thoroughly pleasant individual!

Unnecessarily sweary people ... it can be funny in the right context, but some people (like a few i could mention on here) just spew forth a tirade of filth in an attempt to shock (yawn).
God knows how they became fans of one of the wittiest contemporary Englishmen. It reminds me of a clip of Jim Davidson (another one of my pet peeves, racist, misogynistic little moron that he is) in an 'adult' pantomime where he just let fly a two minute bombardment of the word 'f***' all in different accents and voices and the braindead fools in the audience were howling with laughter ... I almost cried and emigrated.

Indeed, I could go on all day about the numerous quirks of humanity that irritate me intensely, but i think i'll just finish with yesterdays 'pretentious student on the tram speaking ever so affectedly and loudly into her mobile phone and inflecting every sentence' ... when it comes to students, well, bring back The Young Ones i say.

hhhmmm but weren't the young one's sweary? Lol no that was just "you bastard" at worst,they should repeat those again. And when I was young and naive and used to watch "big break" i had no idea how much of a cretin Jim Davidson was in real life, he chatted up my best mates mum once... eeew

My pet peeve is the way people seem to love flocking to one another. For example, a parking lot's completely empty, & you just know that some arse hole is going to come & park their car next to you (probably a huge people carrier, which i'll admit is necessary since there's three of them in the family, better safe than sorry). Another example is in the cinema, you'll get a row all to yourself, the cinema will be completely empty, & along will come some noisy couple & sit either directly infront, behind, or to the side of you. Same with all public transport, especially on long train journeys, & then the people replace the standard 'chomping' noises with sucking each others faces or screeching down mobile phones in obnoxious tones.

I just don't understand it, if anyone has any idea why people do this then please let me know, i'm wondering if it really is just a worldwide conspiracy to piss me off.
Well, i'm going to go & think happy thoughts now that i have that off my chest!

Hahaha, okay maybe it's not just me then, you get the public transport angst too! Though i think they just want people to know that they have friends.

my pet peeve is when people walk on the wrong side of the stairwells in the tube. damn foreigners!

As I'm in a foul mood today I will let rip:

1: Smoking. I resent having my lungs filled by secondary smoke inhalation and having to wash myself and everything I'm wearing when I get back from the pub. Why should I suffer the ill effects of a disgusting personal habit that I am sensible enough to avoid?

2: Celebrity chefs i.e. Jamie Oliver, Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall, Gordan Ramsey. To a man, they are all self-serving, arrogant, ignorant pillocks.

3: Egomaniacs (who by definition tend to be male). Self-delusional, self-obsessed, convinced the world revolves around them and their infantile needs. No, no one wants to be you, you are not the centre of the universe. Infact there is a whole world out there that has never even heard of you.
(NB: I don't hate men. I'm quite fond of the compassionate, sensitive type, who has mastered the idea that other people's feelings matter.)

4: The Royals. Did you know it was the birthday of HRH Prince Charles today? I only do because I was forced to listen to the National Anthem on the radio this morning. And we care why?

5: Anyone who thinks they have the right to kill, abuse or injure another living species.
We don't. Compassion should be part of the school curriculum.

I think I've said enough.

I don't have a pet peeve, can they be housetrained?

I need a pet or hobby - my TV broke!

Reggie

Re: I don't have a pet peeve, can they be housetrained?

> I need a pet or hobby - my TV broke!

> Reggie

I'm suprised you have time for t.v. Reg when you're on here so much!
Have you thought about some sort of folk dancing, or crochet?

Morrissey Dancing?

I tried crochet but I kept on dropping one! I rarely have time for TV because I always have my nose in a book, hence the black newsprint on the tip.

Reggie

> I'm suprised you have time for t.v. Reg when you're on here so much!
> Have you thought about some sort of folk dancing, or crochet?

Re: Morrissey Dancing?

'Morrissey Dancing?'

I'm up for that! Ill bring my bells.

> Mine current one is commenters/reviewers of music or whatever who use the
> phrase:
> "so and so & co(mpany)", as I saw earlier in the recent poll
> comments, "Morrissey and Co" and in some reviews of the new DM
> album "Gore & Co".

> This just sounds like someone is trying to be intellectual and it isn't
> working.

> Maybe it's just me.
pseudo intellectualism *It's too early and I'm short on ideas