Mobile phones at Gigs )no Moz

J

Johnny

Without doubt the most annoying aspect of gig going over the last 5 years has been the nations' addiction to the use of cellular technology.

What it with these people who attend gigs and spend the ENTIRE concert pointing a phone at the stage to try and picture an event that is happening right in front of their eyes ?

I am sick and tired of having to hop about from one leg to another so that I can actualy see what is happening on stage.The view having been obscured by hoardes of Nokia waving text pests.

Then of course there are the chimpanzees who phone their mates from the gig and hold the phone aloft while grinning with glee as they connect to their mates so that they to can hear a snippet of the music.

I recently stood beside a guy who caled his wife during a slower song and bellowed out instructions to her regarding a programe he wanted taped on TV.Idiot.

It almost makes me nostagic for the rather sad people in the 80's who lived life to the full by sparking up their throwaway lighters during those more introspective numbers.