I thought Morrissey was adicted to sleeping pills at one time?

Re: You sound like you are maybe talking from experiance?

> Both parents drank to excess and died young, her
> brother however never succumbed to the demon and is a fully adjusted
> individual practising law. She was very intelligent and yet, obviously
> inherited the gene.

Actually, the female offspring of alcoholics are seldom drunks and more likly to take refuge in hypochondriacal fears and complaints.

> Alcohol = Depression

> Then again

> Depression = Alcohol Addiction.

> There's an equation the brightest minds of science have still not sorted.

> Maybe because, it just does.

Sorry, Flawed, there is no connection between alcoholism and depression... heavy drinking, yes, assuredly. An alcoholic is an altogether a different beast than a heavy drinker: anyone who has ever visited an alcoholic-ward is familiar with the classic "alcoholic-personality" which seldom varies, add to this racial/ethnic differences in the metabolization of alcohol, and environmental contingencies, and there you have it.

And it is no surprise that so many recovering alcoholics are on anti-depressants, one might blame the unholy relations between jaded clinicians and an aggressive pharmaceutical industry for this sad situation.

Re: Don't get me started on the PHARMACEAUTICAL INDUSTRY Codreanu!!!

And it is no surprise that so many recovering alcoholics are on
anti-depressants, one might blame the unholy relations between jaded
clinicians and an aggressive pharmaceutical industry for this sad
situation.======
COULDN'T AGREE MORE CODREANU I THINK YOU ARE INTELIGENT AND YOU HAVE MADE SOME GOOD POINTS!!!!

Re: Codreanu it is strange how people act when they are drunk? some people get violent.

Don't get me started on the PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRY either, Andrea!

Re: You sound like you are maybe talking from experiance?

> Actually, the female offspring of alcoholics are seldom drunks and more
> likly to take refuge in hypochondriacal fears and complaints.

Well, speaking from experience, having witnessed the circumstance.

My female friend did slide down the slippery slope, then again, a major part could have been played by her husband who too liked a drink or two too many.

Nonetheless, both her parents drank heavily, Dad especially. I remember going to the Irish Centre with them on many occassions and her Dad would drive home completely blotto.

Her brother never fell into the sad decline and always appeared more "sensible"shall we say. I don't know where your theory or conclusion gained ground but as far as I'm concerned, there are as many female alcoholics as male.
Maybe moreso.

By the way, I'm not speaking of myself, it's not one of those "this friend I know" excuses for a reply. That is factual. She did in fact have five children and died far too young. I don't know what became of their Dad but I really dread to think.

> Sorry, Flawed, there is no connection between alcoholism and depression...
> heavy drinking, yes, assuredly. An alcoholic is an altogether a different
> beast than a heavy drinker: anyone who has ever visited an alcoholic-ward
> is familiar with the classic "alcoholic-personality" which
> seldom varies, add to this racial/ethnic differences in the metabolization
> of alcohol, and environmental contingencies, and there you have it.

> And it is no surprise that so many recovering alcoholics are on
> anti-depressants, one might blame the unholy relations between jaded
> clinicians and an aggressive pharmaceutical industry for this sad
> situation.

Re: CODREANU I THINK YOU ARE INTELIGENT AND I AGREE WITH YOU ON A LOT OF YOU POINTS!!

Re: Her father really shouldn't of been driving if he was under the influence!

it could have been played by her husband who too liked a drink or two
too many.====So that would be her peers someone who she hangs out with then who also drinks. They say women marry men like their fathers don't they????

I remember going to the Irish Centre with them on many occassions and her Dad would
drive home completely blotto. =====Why was he driving if he was drunk??

Re: It is true that many women are alcoholics too but there is more shame in it somehow.

It is kept more quiet society doesn't it it for some reason.

Re: Her father really shouldn't of been driving if he was under the influence!

> it could have been played by her husband who too liked a drink or two
> too many.====So that would be her peers someone who she hangs out with
> then who also drinks. They say women marry men like their fathers don't
> they????

Yes they certainly do Andy. I think many women do, unknowingly. He wasn't violent in any way just drank more than he should.

> I remember going to the Irish Centre with them on many occassions and her
> Dad would
> drive home completely blotto. =====Why was he driving if he was drunk??

Most everyone else was I suppose.
I'm going back a few years now when drink driving was considered pretty normal behaviour to those who had a drink before they drove.

Still is in some quarters. George Best was done last week for being 2 and a half times over the limit.

Goes with the territory.

Re: Like when people said "have a drink for the road". Now we know drink driving is bad news.

Driving while taking drugs is also bad news!!

Re: Like when people said "have a drink for the road". Now we know drink driving is bad news.

> Driving while taking drugs is also bad news!!

Yes Andy, years ago there was no such thing as the breathalyser so they did have "one for the road". Now, they do have ways of testing for drugs too, which are obviously as much, if not more an impediment on the judgement.

Anyway, I'll have to get some sleep now. Nice to see you back.
Take care.

Andrea, if some of us didn't drive on drugs..

> Driving while taking drugs is also bad news!!

Some of us would never drive at all.

I suppose it is really a matter of WHAT KIND of drugs, huh?

Re: Yes many women marry men like their Father it is true!!!!!!

So it is no supprise to find out that her husband was also a drinker just like her father was.
And the people who she hung out with say her husband for intance had some influence over her!! Women get influenced by their husbands!! some men like to have control!!

Re: Yes it depends which drugs for driving!

If you are diabetic and you take insuline or something you have to take it to live!
But there are many drugs which make you 'drowsy' or 'out of it' or they speed you up and make you feel over confident!! and then you shouldn't drive.

Re: Yes it depends which drugs for driving!

> If you are diabetic and you take insuline or something you have to take it
> to live!
> But there are many drugs which make you 'drowsy' or 'out of it' or they
> speed you up and make you feel over confident!! and then you shouldn't
> drive.

I've been on amphetamines and other stimulants for twelve years for mild narcolepsy. While I would never fall asleep at the wheel, a severe phobia about driving compels me to often exceed my usual dose... if you know what I mean.

Re: Narcolepsy is when you get "sleep attacks" in the day yes??

You fall asleep in the day for no reason yes?

Back
Top Bottom