BBC2 "Young Guns" Show- With friends like Johnny who needs enemies? Did Moz do nothing??

• Thread starter Mark, Charlton SE7.
  • Start date
M

Mark, Charlton SE7.

Excellent insight into The Smiths world.

Moz comes across as the usual "its all his fault" character.

When will he ever defend himself??

Johnny Marr is a @#!!!ing traitor, who looks like a @#!!!ing cokehead, what has he done since the smiths??

@#!!! ALL.

Ditto Andy Rouke.

Poor old Mike Joyce still looks in love with The Smiths.

> Excellent insight into The Smiths world.¿ Moz comes across as the usual "its all his fault"¿ character.¿ Johnny Marr is a @#!!! ing traitor, who looks like a @#!!! ing¿ cokehead, what has he done since the smiths??
----------
I haven't seen the show, so I can't speak to specifics. Still, from Marr's perspective, the Smiths demise was Moz' fault. Johnny left, essentially, because he was tired of Morrissey. So it can't be surprising that his version tends to skew in one direction.

Marr has done some nice work since 87, but that's really not the point. His departure from the scene was/is a deliberate choice. The musical equivalent of JD Salinger, perhaps.¿ Poor old Mike Joyce still looks in love with The Smiths.
--------
Isn't everyone?

¿ Marr has done some nice work since 87, but that's really not the¿ point. His departure from the scene was/is a deliberate choice.¿ The musical equivalent of JD Salinger, perhaps.

Some people aren't really built for that stuff, so for people to go on and on about how he sucks and doesn't maintain his fame is really wrong. He has a family, right? Being away from them by touring extensively takes away from that, and since he's already had his dream of being in a famous rock band, I'm sure he wants to do other things. If his existance is based upon being a rock God, then I agree, he is doing a crummy job.

Back
Top Bottom