Morrissey and the Goodies?

• Thread starter Desiree Carthorse (Mrs)
  • Start date
D

Desiree Carthorse (Mrs)

Has Morrissey ever mentioned the Goodies at all? There are many parallels between them. www.goodiesruleok.com

is this a trick-bicycle question?

love

Grim

> Has Morrissey ever mentioned the Goodies at all? There are many parallels
> between them. www.goodiesruleok.com

> is this a trick-bicycle question?

> love

> Grim

No, it's a Trandem Named Daisy question, with supplementary Giant Kitten for extra points. (The kitten has a link with Morrissey - very tenuous, though.)

> Has Morrissey ever mentioned the Goodies at all? There are many parallels
> between them. www.goodiesruleok.com

In what way? I always thought Moz was more from the Carry On school of British humour than The Goons, Monty Python and Beyond the Fringe (all of whom contributed to The Goodies brand of comedy).
Having said that, he was a big fan of Beyond the Fringe's Alan Bennett (but possibly for his monologues and Northern wit, rather than the work he did with Peter Cook).
Moz's comedy taste is something I've wondered about though, as when I first started getting into The Smiths and his solo stuff, I thought it seemed inevitable I should gravitate towards a pop star who, like myself, was a shy awkward child who loved quirky British humour, bleak drama, hanging around cemeteries and immersing oneself in a classic novel.
Anyways, sorry I can't tell you more than the fact he likes innuendo in his comedy.

Back
Top Bottom