"Andy Ison" has been taking you all for mugs

M

Mike Joyce

it is all an elaborate "joke", comedy spellings, suicide threats and everything. i know a couple of people reckon they know her and she's genuine, but they only "know" her from emails and such, NO-ONE has met her, and why? that's right, because "she", who probably is a guy by the way, has been conning you all for ages and gets a massive kick out of it. can't believe that you still think this shit is for real.

even if this is a joke the person must have some form of mental illness to carry this on for so long... I found this from March 2003

http://members.boardhost.com/jmarr/msg/899.html

I love the last message when James/Andy Ison says: "Swear at me do what you like but I wish you were my Dad coz I don't have a Dad my Dad John is a very bad man!"

if shes not for real then how does she know so much about rourke

> even if this is a joke the person must have some form of mental illness to
> carry this on for so long... I found this from March 2003

> http://members.boardhost.com/jmarr/msg/899.html I love the last message
> when James/Andy Ison says: "Swear at me do what you like but I wish
> you were my Dad coz I don't have a Dad my Dad John is a very bad
> man!"

> if shes not for real then how does she know so much about rourke

Do you understand the word "elaborate"?
Whoever it is is playing the long game, and has been doing so for a couple of years, feeding off the attention you lot give him/her.
Have you never noticed how sometimes the spelling is perfect, other times words are so obviously misspelled?
Maybe whoever it is IS a nutjob for the simple reason that it is playing this stupid character for so long, but i am convinced that he/she/it knows exactly what it is doing and is loving every minute of the wind up.

Maybe it's meant to be a satire of Morrissey fans, getting us to look at ourselves in the mirror and all that..

She doesn't ring true to me either.

> Do you understand the word "elaborate"?
> Whoever it is is playing the long game, and has been doing so for a couple
> of years, feeding off the attention you lot give him/her.
> Have you never noticed how sometimes the spelling is perfect, other times
> words are so obviously misspelled?
> Maybe whoever it is IS a nutjob for the simple reason that it is playing
> this stupid character for so long, but i am convinced that he/she/it knows
> exactly what it is doing and is loving every minute of the wind up.

It sure is confusing. I agree that many of Andy Ison's messages read like someone's having a big laugh. With some of the postings it's FOR SURE the case someone's having a laugh. But then there's other postings that sound like a genuine stalker and a truly troubled person, and some of those go back YEARS and are scattered on other web sites around the Web. There's a couple on Andy Rourke's board that made me pause. If it's intended as an elaborate joke, it still appears to be the word of an ill mind.

And why would she (if it's just a big hoax) assume people wouldn't get so concerned that they'd track her down?

What someone ought to find out is if she has met/confronted Andy Rourke in person. Is she doing crazy stuff OFFLINE like...did you see Anna Kournikova's stalker in the news? He started off emailing her like a maniac, then one day swam across Biscayne Bay in Florida to try and get to her. There's a lot of nutters in the world and sometimes at first they seem like they must be joking, ya know?

I consider this to be Andy Rourke's problem. At this point I'm used to Andy Ison on the board. However, we'll all feel pretty weird if we find out Andy Ison hurt herself or someone else. If someone does find out she's for real, I don't think we should hurl abuse at her. We should try and get her to some help.

uh...i know for a fact that she is the real deal....

well Andy Ison whether man,beast or tit witch, I am convinced that Andy Ison is actualy Andy Rourke and I am begging him to go back on the 'Olanzapine' and then maybe we can team up and do an 80s revival gig,

Listen here. Andrea Ison is a real person who lives down south in the U.K. I've met her and have even, on the occasion I met Andy, spoken to Andy about her. She has an obsession with Andy that most who have come into contact with her find her predicament very hard to a,understand. b,handle very well without it being rather embarassing or c,just plain frustrating. Or a combination of all three! Her obsession with Andy it seems tends to divide people into two categories. Sympathetic,caring, and worried, and on the other side, aggressive, hurtful, and sometimes just plain crass. E.g."Andrea you are just a c***"
I'd like to think of myself as the former. Whatever your predilection may be, to argue the toss with someone who is clearly obsessed with ANYTHING is going about it the wrong way. O.K. The sheer number of posts are infuriating, but by being rude and aggressive to Andrea this surely incites her to further postings. I'm afraid I don't have any answers folks, but believe me, this is a REAL person we're alking about. Try ignoring EVERY post. DO NOT reply to them DO NOT read ANY of them, Under ANY circumstances. (I'm sure by now you have a rough idea what the content will be!) This will probably not stop the posting, but will certainly stop the angry, frustrated and hurtful replies. If your reading this Andrea, sorry to make your situation sound like a casebook, but your postings have gone too far for some people on this site. Take care and good luck.

L&P

Re:Thank you L&P! not quite sure who you are?? but thank you!!!!

> uh...i know for a fact that she is the real deal....

I doubt you're someone who'd say this if it weren't the case....but how do you know?

Re: Yes, and how DO you know?

> I doubt you're someone who'd say this if it weren't the case....but how do
> you know?

Do you know something that will help Andy or "James?" Are there any other alter-egos we should be aware of?

Re: Yes, and how DO you know?

> Do you know something that will help Andy or "James?" Are there
> any other alter-egos we should be aware of?

James? Paul James?

> it is all an elaborate "joke", comedy spellings, suicide threats
> and everything. i know a couple of people reckon they know her and she's
> genuine, but they only "know" her from emails and such, NO-ONE
> has met her, and why? that's right, because "she", who probably
> is a guy by the way, has been conning you all for ages and gets a massive
> kick out of it. can't believe that you still think this shit is for real.

duh of course it's not real, it's typical message board trolling .. what's f***ing annoying is that it's just gone beyond a joke now .. people who troll boards for a bit of fun draw the line at some point because it gets old .. obviously this person is just an asshole with nothing better to do though and a really bad sense of humour.

If they wern't a troll then it'd have to be something with OCD who was on the verge of stalking.

If he/she/it is a troll, why hasn't it been banned by the moderators?

> If he/she/it is a troll, why hasn't it been banned by the moderators?

Whatever she/it/it is .......they scare me!

> If he/she/it is a troll, why hasn't it been banned by the moderators?

Because the moderators couldn't give a damn about this message board, I've emailed David T even and didn't even get a response.

Hey Mike, did you ever ge that money mozzer owed you?

tony

Back
Top Bottom