Why Do YOU Relate To Morrissey?

you are have ginger on the brain lol, you must BE one of the rusty nutted freaks

> For me, it has something to do with never having a decent romantic
> relationship with anyone in my ENTIRE LIFE. What about you?
Well maybe that, and also because he is appealing with a nice sensuality that not many man possess. Plus, his wit is as sharp as a tack. His voice is dreamy. Hes the cat's whiskers, our Stephen is.

> Well maybe that, and also because he is appealing with a nice sensuality
> that not many man possess. Plus, his wit is as sharp as a tack. His voice
> is dreamy. Hes the cat's whiskers, our Stephen is.
And might I add that he keeps himself a lot nicer than the riff-raff around my town. Oh, where are all the good men? Gone to be gay or in hermetically sealed marriages?

> Oh, where are all the good men? Gone to be gay or in
> hermetically sealed marriages?

Or even more hermetically sealed seclusion.

Sorry ladies.

Musically and ideologically, I relate to Moz most..his whole aesthetic is something that I find absolutley addictive, as I am an American male from San Francisco, go fig of course. i also took up musical art because of him..

> Musically and ideologically, I relate to Moz most..his whole aesthetic is
> something that I find absolutley addictive, as I am an American male from
> San Francisco, go fig of course. i also took up musical art because of
> him..
AHT0H, where've you been, I've missed you! My feelings for Morrissey are...personal, and difficult to sum up in a paragraph. I remember in 1984 when a good friend turned me on to him. (thank you, John K.) I relate to Moz just as you do, his whole asethetic, his dignified personality, the life he lived *before* he was *Morrissey* ( being on the dole and working shitty jobs ). He completely created himself, and when he sings he's afraid of nobody or nothing, I truly believe it. He takes his art SERI0USLY which is most important of all. The music he makes is completely M0RRISSEY, what you see is what you get. He's saved my life many many times. If I was ever fortunate enough to meet the man, all I would say is a simple "Thank You". He means more to me than anyone will ever know. Finis.

hallo colleen!

i've been around..distracted, daydreaming, wasting time..business as usual in my side of the world. recently picked up the new live CD, really like it, especially the cover of "Redondo Beach" (one of few Patti Smith songs I can actually stand).

Moz has influenced the way i look at certain things as well. I tend to view the whole rat-race mentality of this culture as unhealthy and a waste of energy..i mean why not just find a niche and be comfortable in it? i am way too sleepy to elaborate at this late hour..oh and how i got into Morrissey, well it was about 1997 when the Maladjusted album came out..Live 105 in SF played a block of Smiths stuff and it was just so wonderful..it was "Panic", "Hand in Glove", and "There is a Light that Never Goes Out". I was just so impressed with what I heard, I went online and looked up the Smiths, saw all the info and things about this "Morrissey" character...I located and read his James Dean book, which I pored over several times...I love the way he writes...my Smiths fanaticism spawned a romantic relationship with a girl who loved me and then began to hate me because of my obsessiveness over her...i was absolutely madly in love with her then, it was unhealthy. i gave her a pile of Smiths tapes and CDs at one point and never got them back after she left me..i was convinced i was going to jump off the Golden Gate Bridge that very day.

Well this has gone off the deep end, so what else is new? I shall go to bed now, with my strobe sending me into a lucid dream...

> hallo colleen!

> i've been around..distracted, daydreaming, wasting time..business as usual
> in my side of the world. recently picked up the new live CD, really like
> it, especially the cover of "Redondo Beach" (one of few Patti
> Smith songs I can actually stand).

> Moz has influenced the way i look at certain things as well. I tend to
> view the whole rat-race mentality of this culture as unhealthy and a waste
> of energy..i mean why not just find a niche and be comfortable in it? i am
> way too sleepy to elaborate at this late hour..oh and how i got into
> Morrissey, well it was about 1997 when the Maladjusted album came
> out..Live 105 in SF played a block of Smiths stuff and it was just so
> wonderful..it was "Panic", "Hand in Glove", and
> "There is a Light that Never Goes Out". I was just so impressed
> with what I heard, I went online and looked up the Smiths, saw all the
> info and things about this "Morrissey" character...I located and
> read his James Dean book, which I pored over several times...I love the
> way he writes...my Smiths fanaticism spawned a romantic relationship with
> a girl who loved me and then began to hate me because of my obsessiveness
> over her...i was absolutely madly in love with her then, it was unhealthy.
> i gave her a pile of Smiths tapes and CDs at one point and never got them
> back after she left me..i was convinced i was going to jump off the Golden
> Gate Bridge that very day.

> Well this has gone off the deep end, so what else is new? I shall go to
> bed now, with my strobe sending me into a lucid dream...
Well, it's great to see you back, Ahtoh! oh no, your precious CD's & tapes gone! That's painful in itself! Yes, I have the James Dean book as well, and it's well read ( I haven't cracked the spine because I want it in good condition, but I'd never ever sell it. I remember I spent only $5.00 usd for it in an independent record store- I think the value has gone WAY up since the mid 80's. I love the way he writes, as well. And I also like the picture of him in his overcoat as a young lad He has been blessed with S0 many gifts and has put them to exceptional use. I love him, and I always will. When I first heard The Smiths I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. I am only 3 years younger than Moz, and I remember all too well the hairbands, and in school people only liking KISS (whom I detest). David Bowie was a saving grace and others I cannot think of right now (it's 3:15AM) here in California, I just couldn't sleep. My cat, aptly named Kit kept pouncing on my head so I said to hell with it and made some tea.) Every time I see Morrissey, I just want to cry with happiness. There is such a visceral emotion inside of me that makes me want to cry or laugh or both. Well, I fell deeply in love during that time with this quirky man whom I thought was simply *eccentric* but it turned out he was gay. He made me feel like everyday was kindergarten! We'd have our private jokes, and laugh at things no one understood. He became a Smiths fan too, after I drowned him in all things Morrissey:) But then I began to fall in love with him. (why didn't I SEE it?). He was polite and caring and told me that he was gay. I recall crying in the shower because I didn't believe it-best of friends for six years and now he is dead. AIDS. When he caught Hepetitis B, he turned completely yellow. He was going to gay bars and doing everything in sight. I miss him so much. He'd say the most outlandish things to people in stores, and while I hid from embarassment, he'd just laugh. R.I.P. Keith. Anyway, before I get all teary eyed, I am glad you are back, AHT0H. For the most part, most Smiths/Morrissey supporters know what this is like, because we are different. Different in an exceptional way. AHT0H, I hope you are doing fine, and wish you all the best. Colleen

yr in CA? me too, i'm in the state capital...how i do miss the city..whenever i go to one of those funny gift stores with the neat light machines and sex toys i run into someone who knows the Smiths..most likely a casual fan. i think the Smiths and Moz are regarded as elder statesmen of cool emo-alt.rock music now..when I was a teenager my peers were all about Nirvana, Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath, now the trend is in '80s new wave/goth/indie things...i was into all that around 1996, i too was saved from the inane nonsense of hard-rock meddle trash by none other David Bowie, and others..

speaking of Moz-related books, I found a copy of "Morrissey in Quotes" for a DOLLAR at my favorite thrift shop! Printed in 1988...wonderful find that was, of course.

It's been about 6 years since I saw that girl, I am kind of thankful she is no longer in the same state we were both in, but in retrospect now I find her unnattractive and mean-spirited. Perhaps that sort of attitude keeps her alive.

I hope to contribute to the board whenever the energy arrives! Thanks for you warm welcome Colleen...oh and BTW whereabouts in CA are you?

> yr in CA? me too, i'm in the state capital...how i do miss the
> city..whenever i go to one of those funny gift stores with the neat light
> machines and sex toys i run into someone who knows the Smiths..most likely
> a casual fan. i think the Smiths and Moz are regarded as elder statesmen
> of cool emo-alt.rock music now..when I was a teenager my peers were all
> about Nirvana, Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath, now the trend is in '80s
> new wave/goth/indie things...i was into all that around 1996, i too was
> saved from the inane nonsense of hard-rock meddle trash by none other
> David Bowie, and others..

> speaking of Moz-related books, I found a copy of "Morrissey in
> Quotes" for a DOLLAR at my favorite thrift shop! Printed in
> 1988...wonderful find that was, of course.

> It's been about 6 years since I saw that girl, I am kind of thankful she
> is no longer in the same state we were both in, but in retrospect now I
> find her unnattractive and mean-spirited. Perhaps that sort of attitude
> keeps her alive.

> I hope to contribute to the board whenever the energy arrives! Thanks for
> you warm welcome Colleen...oh and BTW whereabouts in CA are you?
AHTOH, You found "Morrissey In Quotes" for just a dollar, what a steal! Well, that girl missed out on a great person. Hatred and mean spirited feelings will only hurt HER, not you. I wasn't into anything in the 70's but some Led Zep, and The Doors, and I confess to liking Nirvana. (don't tell anyone David Bowie has helped many of us wayward souls onto the path of Morrissey. It's all about relating to the music being sung, and of course the brilliant lyrics. But Morrissey is a force to be reckoned with. I'm so thankful my friend introduced me into the world of The Smiths. It was a GIFT. 0h, I live in San Diego, AHT0H! I always thought you were a cool and intelligent person, and maybe someday we'll meet! Take good care Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom