That Johnny Marr Interview + Modest Mouse anyone?

L

LoafingOaf

www.jmarr.com has a Marr interview.

Two things:

1. I got a kick out of the way the interviewer slams fans who asked Smiths/Moz questions in the Q&A of the web site as annoying, telling them they ought to move on. That was his way of leading into several Smiths questions himself! And then a few more later on! Ah, ya jack-a*s! In those Q&A's everyone scrolls past all those Electronic questions (which kind people are obviously just asking to kiss his rear so he'll open up about MOZ later on) looking for the Smiths questions.

2. Glad to see Marr had the good taste to dismiss Travis' single as "superbad"! Right on!

Completely unrelated bonus: My album pick of the week is Modest Mouse's "The Moon & Antartica." It's got some nice and depressing lyrics for us suicidal types, and real cool music to smoke a doobie to. Best of all, it's a real ALBUM, to listen to from first track to last. Check it out.

Re: Modest Mouse anyone?

Hey, thanx for the link. Wow, they sure loved the Modest Mouse album!
Even more than I do! I can't say the album lives up to their praise, but it's definitely captivated me for the time being, and definitely one of the best of the year. I've never heard their previous stuff, have you?

That's a pretty good site. I looked at their 100 faves of the '90s and I liked many of the choices. Although Moz isn't on there! The only flaw is they seem to only like indie type hipster rock. But that's OK - they have good taste when it comes to that stuff. Got it bookmarked.

Back
Top Bottom