• Thread starter Theo van Gogh Martyrs Brigade
  • Start date
T

Theo van Gogh Martyrs Brigade

This week:

UK 7" - "There Is A Light"/"Redondo Beach"
UK CDS - "There Is A Light/"Redondo Beach"/
UK DVD Single - whatever's on there

The covers of two of these have Morrissey with the guitar, the other has him with a statue? Which covers go with which? And I must say I'm not a fan of the DVD single, wheoever's bright idea that is. Hope it's better than the "First of the Gang" one.

Amazon USA's listings are screwy and it's not clear what you're ordering, which is part of the cause for my confusion. Amazon USA lists three versions of the single, none of them being the vinyl, so that can't be right. Amazon UK is much better for Morrissey stuff, as always. But HMV UK seems the best of all, as it's selling these together in bundles, nice 'n' easy. That's where I put my pre-order in.

Also this week:

USA CD "Live At Earl's Court"
USA DVD "Who Put The 'M' In Manchester?"

Next week:

UK CD "Live At Earl's Court" in special packaging

Is the "specialness" of this simply that it's in cardboard?

Anything I'm missing?

> This week:

> UK 7" - "There Is A Light"/"Redondo Beach"
> UK CDS - "There Is A Light/"Redondo Beach"/
> UK DVD Single - whatever's on there

> The covers of two of these have Morrissey with the guitar, the other has
> him with a statue? Which covers go with which? And I must say I'm not a
> fan of the DVD single, wheoever's bright idea that is. Hope it's better
> than the "First of the Gang" one.

> Amazon USA's listings are screwy and it's not clear what you're ordering,
> which is part of the cause for my confusion. Amazon USA lists three
> versions of the single, none of them being the vinyl, so that can't be
> right. Amazon UK is much better for Morrissey stuff, as always. But HMV UK
> seems the best of all, as it's selling these together in bundles, nice 'n'
> easy. That's where I put my pre-order in.

> Also this week:

> USA CD "Live At Earl's Court"
> USA DVD "Who Put The 'M' In Manchester?"

> Next week:

> UK CD "Live At Earl's Court" in special packaging

> Is the "specialness" of this simply that it's in cardboard?

> Anything I'm missing?

I dunno. There seems to be a lot of confusion as always - I ordered the 3 UK singles from HMV as well but we won't be getting them until next week, it's a bank holiday here so that's why there're all delayed till next monday. As for the special packaging on the Earl's Court CD, I'm holding off for a bit so I can decide which to get. Besides I'm skint. The special packaging on the YATQ CD was cardboard and it is crapola, it's starting to come unglued on mine.

> I dunno. There seems to be a lot of confusion as always - I ordered the 3
> UK singles from HMV as well but we won't be getting them until next week,
> it's a bank holiday here so that's why there're all delayed till next
> monday.

Ah, thanks. Was wondering why it hasn't shipping yet. I get nervous when I deal with anyone outside of Amazon.....

>As for the special packaging on the Earl's Court CD, I'm holding
> off for a bit so I can decide which to get. Besides I'm skint.

Surely you can have both!

>The special
> packaging on the YATQ CD was cardboard and it is crapola, it's starting to
> come unglued on mine.

My problem with it is that it doesn't fit into my Morrissey CD tower. So I went to the trouble to BUILD an entirely new rack for all Attack Records releases, Morrissey and non-Morrissey. I wish I had some Attack Records stickers to decorate it. And I hope after going to that much trouble the next album won't be a few centimeters larger and send me back to the drawing board.....

Other than that, I think it LOOKS good. I like to stand it up on top of my stereo.

But of course the LP version is the best of all if you want one for looks.

Al,l the singles have been pushed back here in the states for a release of next week(Morrissey live at earls court) was released tonight here in the states(I have mine)...if the UK version has a cardboard box/sleeve, than yes, thats the difference i would imagine. Mine has that. Also, got a great deal on BOTH the LAEC and WPTMIM cd/dvd's......awesome stuff. Well worth it.

So...if you're keeping score: Next week, ALL VERSIONS( would gather)of the single are being released. Thats what the lady @ tower told me tonight when i was there buying my shit.

> Ah, thanks. Was wondering why it hasn't shipping yet. I get nervous when I
> deal with anyone outside of Amazon.....

Does seem like the singles are on sale today I saw them in Woolies, I just assumed that since the other stuff kept getting put back they all were cos of the holiday. No sign of Earl's Court though. HMV do seem to take their time on singles, though I've always found them very fast on albums. As for the messages to US buyers saying stuff about them being placed on special order etc., I just checked and mine says that too. I'm just going to wait and see.

> Surely you can have both!

I wish! I'm feeling very broke. My car just cost me £200 to get through the MOT and it still needs new tyres and the household bills are coming thick and fast. The singles will have to satiate my need for now. Besides I can get a taster of the DVD on telly on Friday, heh heh!

Back
Top Bottom