How come Moz never releases Studio Version of Jack the Ripper?

L

Luke

Am I the only one who totally loves this song? I think the words and the music is some of the best I've ever heard, It's a really beautiful song..

Anyone know why he only releases the Live Version? I like the Live Version a lot too.. But the studio version is better IMO.. Right now only way to get it on CD is, if you bought the single to Certain People I know(I think?),which I didn't.

Thank god for Napster though, I was able to find the Studio version..

because he's stupid

he thinks the live version is better. that's the only reason i've ever heard. well, he's as wrong about that as is he is about many other things...

I've recently obtained 'Certain People I Know' on cd and was disappointed that the studio version does not match up to the live performance.

For me the studio version needed to be more expansive.

> I've recently obtained 'Certain People I Know' on cd and was
> disappointed that the studio version does not match up to the
> live performance.

> For me the studio version needed to be more expansive.

I love the studio version. I like how his voice sounds.. And how at the end he says "And if i want to i can stay... or if i want to i can leave.. nobody knows me"and it just fades off. He really should have included those lyrics in the live version to make it perfect :) This is one of my favorite songs so really i love both.. Who knows why he didnt release this one instead.. maybe on the Best-of album?

> I've recently obtained 'Certain People I Know' on cd and was
> disappointed that the studio version does not match up to the
> live performance.

> For me the studio version needed to be more expansive.

I love the studio version. I like how his voice sounds.. And how at the end he says "And if i want to i can stay... or if i want to i can leave.. nobody knows me"and it just fades off. He really should have included those lyrics in the live version to make it perfect :) This is one of my favorite songs so really i love both.. Who knows why he didnt release this one instead.. maybe on the Best-of album?

Well, I love the guitar bit on the live one sooo much, and it isnt as evident on the studio one IMHO, so that sort of made the song better for me. But Life does inevitably go on, so there you are.

Thankee,

Leo

Back
Top Bottom