Is HSIN performed live?

P

puddle

Why do some people think How Soon Is Now is prerecorded (the instruments)? Unfortunately i think the rumor started because people do not understand the effect used to create the sound in the song (by a trembelo pedal). Unless there's some other reason. Which is why i ask.

I looked at the HSIN video of the Radio City show, I have come to the conclusion that the songs are performed live--not prerecorded!!!

seeing it performed live twice and hearing and seeing a few bootlegs it really doesen't seem pre-recorded. For one each ending of the song differs and for another I was transfixed by by the guitar playing in Leeds during the song and not once did I notice an out of time strum

some people just love to slag the band off and will use any excuse

> some people just love to slag the band off and will use any excuse
Johnny Marr said that HSIN couldn't be played live because he used all different guitars so yes some of the parts were pre-recorded when he played it live. I'm pretty that was also the case in Philly.

> Johnny Marr said that HSIN couldn't be played live because he used all
> different guitars so yes some of the parts were pre-recorded when he
> played it live. I'm pretty that was also the case in Philly.

I've only ever heard bootlegs of HSIN played by the Smiths and I'm sure Johnny had the slide guitar bit on a pedal, probably triggering a sample. Either that or he had two sets of arms and one of those dual guitar jobbies - which wouldn't have looked cool at all !

Pretty confident that the lads don't pre record anything, Jesse does the rhythm with bags of tremolo and Boz the lead bits.

> Johnny Marr said that HSIN couldn't be played live because he used all
> different guitars so yes some of the parts were pre-recorded when he
> played it live. I'm pretty that was also the case in Philly.

you forget there are two guitarists . . .and a keyboardist who can do the chimey part.

Back
Top Bottom