If there is one song in this world that I detest...

W

White Howard

It's "Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton. It's appalling. Once I hear that twangy guitar intro, which is repeated about 32 times during the course of the song, I feel like puking. And the lyrics are beneath contempt.

Anyone agree, or care to nominate another song that they hate?

> It's "Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton. It's appalling. Once I
> hear that twangy guitar intro, which is repeated about 32 times during the
> course of the song, I feel like puking. And the lyrics are beneath
> contempt.

> Anyone agree, or care to nominate another song that they hate?

I'm with you on that.That song has contributed to millions of otherwise sane men being carted onto dancefloors throughout the world by clinging partners.

You could also add,"Lady In Red" and ."I Just Called To Say I Love You" to that list.

I would like to peel my skin off slowly, with a rusty Bic® razorblade when I hear such things like Higher, and With Arms Wide Open by Creed.

> I'm with you on that.That song has contributed to millions of otherwise
> sane men being carted onto dancefloors throughout the world by clinging
> partners.

> You could also add,"Lady In Red" and ."I Just Called To Say
> I Love You" to that list.

85% of the covers done on You're a Star

I'd rather listen to a witches fingernail scraping a blackboard..

> Anyone agree, or care to nominate another song that they hate?

"Everybody Hurts" by REM. This song makes me physically nauseous. Why this is so beloved by many remains perplexing...

I get violently ill every time I hear "Heart of Glass" by Blondie. Don't get me wrong, it was groundbreaking (well, maybe that's a bit of an overstatement)in its time, and I liked it the first 10,769 times I heard it, but enough is enough.
I would also like to nominate every song in the Britney Spears catalogue.

> I get violently ill every time I hear "Heart of Glass" by
> Blondie. Don't get me wrong, it was groundbreaking (well, maybe that's a
> bit of an overstatement)in its time, and I liked it the first 10,769 times
> I heard it, but enough is enough.
> I would also like to nominate every song in the Britney Spears catalogue.

I hate "I will always love you" Whitney Houston, also that Bryan Adams one for Robin Hood, can't think of the title.

Yes, it's "Everything I Do I Do it for You". I used to feel the same way. It's played out.

> Yes, it's "Everything I Do I Do it for You". I used to feel the
> same way. It's played out.

That's the one....just instant "hate"

> I hate "I will always love you" Whitney Houston, also that Bryan
> Adams one for Robin Hood, can't think of the title.
Got to be Bright Eyes by Art Garfunkel,makes me violent I hate it so much grrr.

"Lifted" by the Lighthouse Family so, so M.O.R, repetitive, and teh voice is annoying
"Weather with you" Crowded House. Lyrical genius:

"Everywhere you go , always take the weather with you, everywhere you go, always take the weather". Bravo boys, bravo!

& that awful trash with a female vocal that goes something like "nick-nack paddy whack, baby I'm letting go". Arggh!

> "Lifted" by the Lighthouse Family so, so M.O.R, repetitive, and
> teh voice is annoying
> "Weather with you" Crowded House. Lyrical genius:

> "Everywhere you go , always take the weather with you, everywhere you
> go, always take the weather". Bravo boys, bravo!

> & that awful trash with a female vocal that goes something like
> "nick-nack paddy whack, baby I'm letting go". Arggh!

"Everywhere you go you always take the weather with you"
Hows about f*** off back to the fishin village you came from Finn!

There is a reason for my raw aggression at the blonde viking lover and his brother...

TRUE STORY:

About 2, maybe 3 years ago I was at the Witness music festival near Dublin..I think Oasis where unfortunates headlining that year (course I was there to see some of the smaller cult indie bands, I definately didnt pay 75 baloons to sing wonderwall at the top of my voice while attempting to stay standing in the urine soaked orange grass (green & yellow = orange) after 7 maybe 8 (nine) plastic cup fulls of warm, strangely vinegarish, overpriced beer)

Anyway...witness festival is like a glastonbury foetus (same setup but smaller)
different stages and things...

Twoz about 2pm when I arrived and I decided to check out the second biggest stage as I'm too kool (with a 'k') to head for the main stage first and too scared to enter the dance tent (I cant stomach people with furry boots and whistles before sunset)

One of the Finn brothers was playing so I decided to watch as I felt it would get me aggresive enough to be an Oasis fan for the day.
Half way through his set he introduced a guest guitarist to play two songs on stage with him (you can do checks on this if you don't believe me) and Johnny Marr walked on stage!! the people with me all backed off like I was just about to explode, course I did... ran over to his side of the stage screaming Johnny, Johnny!!! (yes, that is the first time I've ever screamed that) He played 'there is a light' and then they launched into the chords of "weather with you" ...this was above Johnny!! I aliking it to Morrissey coming onstage and covering the Macarena (with the dance moves) It just wasnt right!!!

So anyway this is another reason I hate this song but asides that I've always thought it was a big bag of steaming, wormish shite and I agree with anyone who says anything remotely insulting or hate filled towards it.

I cried.

Re: 85% of the covers done on You're a Star

> I'd rather listen to a witches fingernail scraping a blackboard..
I'm goin on that next week doing "There was an old woman and she lived in the wood...a wheela wheela..." You know the rest. I'm hoping that they find my x factor..... or my sanity.

I hope you mean that it was BELOW Johnny to play "Weather with you".

Morrissey doing the Macarena? That's good - very good.

He played 'there is a light' and then they launched into
> the chords of "weather with you" ...this was above Johnny!! I
> aliking it to Morrissey coming onstage and covering the Macarena (with the
> dance moves) It just wasnt right!!!

> So anyway this is another reason I hate this song but asides that I've
> always thought it was a big bag of steaming, wormish shite and I agree
> with anyone who says anything remotely insulting or hate filled towards
> it.

> I cried.

> I hope you mean that it was BELOW Johnny to play "Weather with
> you".

> Morrissey doing the Macarena? That's good - very good.

> He played 'there is a light' and then they launched into

My god I did mean below him! Im forever mixing up my aboves and belows..Im directionlexic...in my head I walk on the sky and stare up at the ground! And Im above asking the lady in the chipper to "throw in a bit of curry for free"
and I'm below sleeping on a bed made from pure silk and 500 pound notes.
Reverso-land.

> Reverso-land.

Ah, f*** it Mr. Smith, you've nearly made me piss myself with laughter.(Which is something I'm going to have to get used to since I am rapidly approaching Tena-Lady age)

> Ah, f*** it Mr. Smith, you've nearly made me piss myself with
> laughter.(Which is something I'm going to have to get used to since I am
> rapidly approaching Tena-Lady age)

If it was 'reverso-land' you'd be getting younger until your eventually just a foetus smothering in your oversized levi's. (oh and piss would flow in)

> Ah, f*** it Mr. Smith, you've nearly made me piss myself with
> laughter.(Which is something I'm going to have to get used to since I am
> rapidly approaching Tena-Lady age)
Forget Tena lady you cant beat child size Pampers,they will last the whole way through the queue and ensuing support act at a Moz gig.Cant vouch for them when Moz takes his shirt off though,whatever happened to those plastic pants our youngest sibling used to wear Pre-Pampers?

Back
Top Bottom