let's talk about something different

F

Fabricio

hey guys, i know that the most part of you are britpop fans, and i'm always lost when you talk about suede (i heard few times and i disliked it), verve (i heard their succes song, and i think it's horrible), pulp (i heard some songs and i thought it was a waste of time), gene (i never heard), james (i didn't hear either). the only of these groups i know and i love is belle and sebastian. i love radiohead too, but sometimes i think i'm the only one here...

well, just to tell you that i bought the live cd of pearl jam (on two legs). i was never a great grunge fan (i loved nevermind, from nirvana, and some relationed stuff, but it didn't change my life!), but this pearl jam cd is incredible! songs like corduroy, hail,hail, do the evolution, even flow, black are wonderful! the songs are sung in a beautiful, passionate way and ed vedder seems to be the great male vocalist (after moz) of our time (the female one is teresa salgueiro).

i'm trying to change your minds a little (i remember i said here i liked alanis morissette and natalie imbruglia and i was buried alive!)

I agree that its important have a variety of music. Deftones, Radiohead, DFL, and Photek have all been spinning in my CD player as of late(As well as the new Cardigans which has grown on me).

Darren

> I agree that its important have a variety of music. Deftones,¿ Radiohead, DFL, and Photek have all been spinning in my CD¿ player as of late(As well as the new Cardigans which has grown¿ on me).¿ Darren

I have been listening to Radiohead, Roxy Music, T.Rex, Bowie, the New Radicals, AC-DC (yes, really), the Pixies, Alison Moyet, Bauhaus and of course, Moz and the Smiths as always!

> I have been listening to Radiohead, Roxy Music, T.Rex, Bowie,¿ the New Radicals, AC-DC (yes, really), the Pixies, Alison Moyet,¿ Bauhaus and of course, Moz and the Smiths as always!

a pixies fan here! death to the pixies is one of the best cds i bought last year, everybody must hear it!

> a pixies fan here! death to the pixies is one of the best cds i¿ bought last year, everybody must hear it!

I would really agree that Pearl Jam is a great band. One of my biggest pet peeves is a wimpy vocal. That is why I love Moz. He has so much passion in his voice sometimes. E.V. is the same way. Have you heard the song Immortality? it's really great. I also really love Depeche Mode, Dave has great vocals-especially for such a tiny guy! Anyway, my favorite music right now in Korn, it's very passionate (about what is hard to know!!)

> a pixies fan here! death to the pixies is one of the best cds i¿ bought last year, everybody must hear it!

It IS one of the best. I have all the Pixies' releases, and the "Death" album is my fave; it's in my car now!

> I would really agree that Pearl Jam is a great band. One of my¿ biggest pet peeves is a wimpy vocal. That is why I love Moz. He¿ has so much passion in his voice sometimes. E.V. is the same¿ way. Have you heard the song Immortality? it's really great. I¿ also really love Depeche Mode, Dave has great vocals-especially¿ for such a tiny guy! Anyway, my favorite music right now in¿ Korn, it's very passionate (about what is hard to know!!)

i agree completely with you. there's not such a thing as a passionate singer, and the comparison between moz and eddie vedder is perfect.

that's why i love so much the portuguese group madredeus: it could be even a new age group if the vocalist teresa salgueiro would not sing so passionately!

> i agree completely with you. there's not such a thing as a¿ passionate singer, and the comparison between moz and eddie¿ vedder is perfect.¿ that's why i love so much the portuguese group madredeus: it¿ could be even a new age group if the vocalist teresa salgueiro¿ would not sing so passionately!

I always thought Eddie Vedder is somewhat influenced by The Smiths & Morrissey.You never know he may even turn out to be a closet Moz fan.

you are all probly going to attack me or something, but i think that billy corgan (smashing pumokins) is a very passionate singer. by the way, i was thinking of getting that pearl jam cd, but they are not people i usually listen to. i started to like the song wishlist and then some other ones on the radio. do you think that cd would be good for me?

Attack in Progress

> you are all probly going to attack me or something, but i think¿ that billy corgan (smashing pumokins) is a very passionate¿ singer.

Billy Corgan has the most irritating nasal whine for a voice that I have ever had the misfortune to hear. I was hoping that James Iha would turn out to have a perfectly wonderful voice and take over the vocals for the Smashing Pumpkins. No such luck.

Natalie=good/Eddie=bad

> hey guys, i know that the most part of you are britpop fans, and¿ i'm always lost when you talk about suede (i heard few times and¿ i disliked it), verve (i heard their succes song, and i think¿ it's horrible), pulp (i heard some songs and i thought it was a¿ waste of time), gene (i never heard), james (i didn't hear¿ either). the only of these groups i know and i love is belle and¿ sebastian. i love radiohead too, but sometimes i think i'm the¿ only one here...¿ well, just to tell you that i bought the live cd of pearl jam¿ (on two legs). i was never a great grunge fan (i loved¿ nevermind, from nirvana, and some relationed stuff, but it¿ didn't change my life!), but this pearl jam cd is incredible!¿ songs like corduroy, hail,hail, do the evolution, even flow,¿ black are wonderful! the songs are sung in a beautiful,¿ passionate way and ed vedder seems to be the great male vocalist¿ (after moz) of our time (the female one is teresa salgueiro).¿ i'm trying to change your minds a little (i remember i said here¿ i liked alanis morissette and natalie imbruglia and i was buried¿ alive!)

There's nothing wrong with liking Natalie. She has some decent tunes and is sure easy on the eyes. = ) (Alanis, OTOH, has neither of those things going for her.)

Radiohead is, of course, one of the greatest bands ever.

But, sorry, I just can't get into Pearl Jam. There's too much religiosity and seriousness there. And they're named after a bodily fluid, and, um, that's just gross!!

Who's Teresa?

P.S.

I like Fiona Apple and Aqua, so I'm probably not in a position to diss anyone's taste anyway. = )

Re: Attack in Progress

> Billy Corgan has the most irritating nasal whine for a voice¿ that I have ever had the misfortune to hear. I was hoping that¿ James Iha would turn out to have a perfectly wonderful voice and¿ take over the vocals for the Smashing Pumpkins. No such luck.

Yeah, I hate Corgan's singing and, even moreso, his lyrics. But he _is_ a great musician, and he helped make that new Hole album pretty damn cool.

what a coincidence!

hey blakeygrrl, what a coincidence! i WOULD quote billy corgan as a passionate singer, but i had not the courage, hehe. thanks! he isn't certainly a better vocalist than ed vedder, but probably he's more passionate... and he has a great number of wonderful songs (1979, disarm, perfect ...etc)

and well, if you like the smashing pumpkins, you'll probably like the live cd of pearl jam... but i don't want you asking me the money afterwards!!!¿ you are all probly going to attack me or something, but i think¿ that billy corgan (smashing pumokins) is a very passionate¿ singer. by the way, i was thinking of getting that pearl jam cd,¿ but they are not people i usually listen to. i started to like¿ the song wishlist and then some other ones on the radio. do you¿ think that cd would be good for me?

Re: Natalie=good/Eddie=bad

> There's nothing wrong with liking Natalie. She has some decent¿ tunes and is sure easy on the eyes. = )

hey sam, are you still a not believer after seeing natalie imbruglia's eyes?

(Alanis, OTOH, has¿ neither of those things going for her.)

i certainly disagree, as you may expect¿ Radiohead is, of course, one of the greatest bands ever.

now i agree!¿ But, sorry, I just can't get into Pearl Jam. There's too much¿ religiosity and seriousness there.

that's good, hehe¿And they're named after a¿ bodily fluid, and, um, that's just gross!!

i'm not good in english and i didn't know it... lucky man i am...¿ Who's Teresa?

she the singer of the accoustic portuguese group madredeus. the great movie director wim wenders was so passionate by them that he made a film (lisbon story) just to put madredeus in it! the film is not so good, but the songs are wonderful... anyway, teresa salgueiro is as beautiful as natalie imbruglia... and an infinetely better singer!

but i was a madredeus addicted before knowing the existence of the film...

Re: Natalie=good/Eddie=bad

¿ But, sorry, I just can't get into Pearl Jam. There's too much¿ religiosity and seriousness there. And they're named after a¿ bodily fluid, and, um, that's just gross!!

What bodily fluid? I've never heard of that before!

Signed,

Hilariouly Naive

> i'm trying to change your minds a little (i remember i said here¿ i liked alanis morissette and natalie imbruglia and i was buried¿ alive!)

Of course britpop fans like other types of music. If i had to listen to britpop all day, it would be very boring (but i do love it!)
Lately, i've been listening to the latest Sunny Day Real Estate (great orchestral masterpiece) and the new Placebo (cool, moody), and of course there's always the standards like Bauhaus, Sonic Youth, Pavement, Sebadoh, Fugazi, and of course Suede (the magnificent!)
Good music exists on all continents, it's just harder to find.

Oh SAM!

> But, sorry, I just can't get into Pearl Jam. There's too much¿ religiosity and seriousness there. And they're named after a¿ bodily fluid, and, um, that's just gross!!

Your mind is in the gutter!
Pearl Jam is Eddy's Grandma Pearl and the jam she made when eddy was a young boy. I'm from Seattle, so I'm the expert :)!
Pearl Jam is really a great band.

P.S. The worst is Ani DeFranco

Re: Oh SAM!

> Your mind is in the gutter!¿ Pearl Jam is Eddy's Grandma Pearl and the jam she made when eddy¿ was a young boy. I'm from Seattle, so I'm the expert :)!¿ Pearl Jam is really a great band.

I've heard that explanation and I believe it's the alternate meaning the band uses so they don't have to admit to the mainstream press what it _really_ means. Of course I could be totally wrong, but why would a rock band take their name from something as square as grandma's jam? I think they're having an inside joke with that!¿ P.S. The worst is Ani DeFranco

Agreed. I'll never figure out what people like about her.

Back
Top Bottom