COMEDIAN DID MORRISSEY BIT ON NETWORK 2 IN IRELAND!!!!!!!!!!

D

dazzak

ANYBODY ELSE SEE THIS? HE PRETENDED TO BE MOZ SINGING A CHILD TO SLEEP WITH A MOZ-STYLE LULLABY.HE SAID THINGS LIKE "DON'T DIE BEFORE YOU WAKE" AND SO ON. THE COMEDIAN WAS REALLY GOOD,HIS NAME WAS JOE ROONEY.BEFORE HE DID THE IMPRESSION HE SAID "MORRISSEY PROBABLY WOULDN'T HAVE CHILDREN THOUGH...BECAUSE HE'S A VEGETARIAN...AND CHILDREN ARE MADE OF MEAT".

> ANYBODY ELSE SEE THIS? HE PRETENDED TO BE MOZ SINGING A CHILD TO SLEEP
> WITH A MOZ-STYLE LULLABY.HE SAID THINGS LIKE "DON'T DIE BEFORE YOU
> WAKE" AND SO ON. THE COMEDIAN WAS REALLY GOOD,HIS NAME WAS JOE
> ROONEY.BEFORE HE DID THE IMPRESSION HE SAID "MORRISSEY PROBABLY
> WOULDN'T HAVE CHILDREN THOUGH...BECAUSE HE'S A VEGETARIAN...AND CHILDREN
> ARE MADE OF MEAT".

Funnily enough, this comedian/presenter bloke did a little Moz turn on TV when I was in Dublin a few weeks back. It was a general entertainment preview/review type show late on a Saturday night - on one of the RTE channels, I think. Do you know the one I mean?

I know what you're talking about! That was a different guy though. That presenter was Colin Murphy who presents the excellent show "The Blizzard of Odd". The bit was a Moz impersonator at a 40th birthday party being EXTREMELY glum using the line from Stretch Out And Wait:"Is there any point ever having children?".

> I know what you're talking about! That was a different guy though. That
> presenter was Colin Murphy who presents the excellent show "The
> Blizzard of Odd". The bit was a Moz impersonator at a 40th birthday
> party being EXTREMELY glum using the line from Stretch Out And
> Wait:"Is there any point ever having children?".

I don't think so - this presenter just wrapped up the show by grabbing a bunch of flowers and swinging them around his head (a la Moz) and singing (This Charming Man?) while the lights dimmed and the credits rolled!

The show was good, though - one minute there's an interview with Eminem, and the next a feature on some beejaysus fiddley folk group that no-one's ever heard of (OK - no-one in England's ever heard of) - and they're both given the same amount of time, respect and what-have-you. It was quite refreshing to see, actually.

In short, 'Irish people: they're alright' would be my conclusion.

Yeah, he did the flower pot thing before the sketch came on. They must have cut the end for the repeat show which you saw on Saturday. It's shown first on a Monday.

> Yeah, he did the flower pot thing before the sketch came on. They must
> have cut the end for the repeat show which you saw on Saturday. It's shown
> first on a Monday.

Ahh - I see.

Ireland's the best place in the world, according to The Economist's survey.