Concernig "Jack The Ripper".....Live or studio?

I

irksome-ivan

Can anyone tell me if the version of "Jack The Ripper" on the "Now My Heart is Full" single is the studio cut or another live recording? If not, where can I find the studio track.......I am almost positive that there is one. Right?

Anyway, "Jack" makes my head float.....such an endearing, ethereal song.

> Can anyone tell me if the version of "Jack The Ripper"¿ on the "Now My Heart is Full" single is the studio cut¿ or another live recording? If not, where can I find the studio¿ track.......I am almost positive that there is one. Right?¿ Anyway, "Jack" makes my head float.....such an¿ endearing, ethereal song.
On Now My Heart is Full single.. it's unfortunately the Live version we all have from the Beethoven is Death recording. The actual studio version (yes, there IS one, and it's lovely) is on the Certain People I Know single b/w "You've Had her" which is also a very good song.
If you have an MP3 player on your computer, you can download them from the Frankly Vulgar web page... I don't have the URL here cause I'm at work, but the page has tons of Morrissey and Smiths stuff.. both live and rare B-sides. E-mail me for the URL if you want, I doubt I'll remember to come back and post it up when I get home.
ps. if you don't have an MP3 player, I really suggest you get one, they're free and they're very handy for hearing things before you get a chance to buy them.
EA

MP3...DVD....

¿ ps. if you don't have an MP3 player, I really suggest you get¿ one, they're free and they're very handy for hearing things¿ before you get a chance to buy them.¿ EA

Whoa - I must be totally out of it because I don't even know what an MP3 player is! They're FREE? How does that work?

Fortunately I have my own copy of Jack The Ripper-studio version.

Speaking of new technology, I've asked this here before and I will again. Will Morrissey be releasing a DVD any time soon? I see other artists, such as Bjork, are on the bandwagon. (Wouldn't it be cool if Morrissey weren't lazy and he did commentary tracks for all the videos?)

Live In Dallas

You can get Live in Dallas on DVD. That's the only Morrissey on DVD I know of, but I'm sure if you look hard enough, you can find "Introducing Morrissey" and probably even "The Malady Lingers On...". As for having your own copy of "Certain People..." you lucky dog =)
As for MP3's you should see the Frankly Vulgar web page, I'm at home now, so I'll post the URL (I remember to come back online.. hee hee...). http://barbaria.xlrn.ucsb.edu/mp3/html/
Have fun
EA¿ Whoa - I must be totally out of it because I don't even know¿ what an MP3 player is! They're FREE? How does that work?¿ Fortunately I have my own copy of Jack The Ripper-studio¿ version.¿ Speaking of new technology, I've asked this here before and I¿ will again. Will Morrissey be releasing a DVD any time soon? I¿ see other artists, such as Bjork, are on the bandwagon.¿ (Wouldn't it be cool if Morrissey weren't lazy and he did¿ commentary tracks for all the videos?)

PS

You can get an MP3 player ANYWHERE practically... just download it from any shareware site... like www.tucows.com.. or something... or go to Yahoo and type MP3 player.
The best one I have come by is WinAMP... if you have Windows of course.. otherwise I really wouldn't know... good luck.
EA¿ You can get Live in Dallas on DVD. That's the only Morrissey on¿ DVD I know of, but I'm sure if you look hard enough, you can¿ find "Introducing Morrissey" and probably even¿ "The Malady Lingers On...". As for having your own¿ copy of "Certain People..." you lucky dog =)¿ As for MP3's you should see the Frankly Vulgar web page, I'm at¿ home now, so I'll post the URL (I remember to come back online..¿ hee hee...). http://barbaria.xlrn.ucsb.edu/mp3/html/¿ Have fun¿ EA

It's me again. Okay, if I don't have MP3 capabilities, where else could I get it? And how on God's green earth did you get the, "Certain People I Know" single? Is there anyway to get that? Oh geez, I just have to get my mittens on the studio version of "Jack"!! Any info you could give me to help assist in my search would be deeply apreciatted!! Thanx.

> It's me again. Okay, if I don't have MP3 capabilities, where¿ else could I get it? And how on God's green earth did you get¿ the, "Certain People I Know" single? Is there anyway¿ to get that? Oh geez,

Well a lot of people got it when it first came out. For those that didn't, used copies are still floating around out there. You might want to check Ebay on a regular basis - http://www.ebay.com/
Also check the moz solo marketplace I know Beau was selling a copy of it recently on there.
If you want to send me a blank tape I'll tape it for you. Let me know and I'll send you my address.

Re: Live In Dallas

Where have you seen Live in Dallas on DVD? You're not confusing DVD with LD are you?

> You can get Live in Dallas on DVD. That's the only Morrissey on¿ DVD I know of, but I'm sure if you look hard enough, you can¿ find "Introducing Morrissey" and probably even¿ "The Malady Lingers On...". As for having your own¿ copy of "Certain People..." you lucky dog =)¿ As for MP3's you should see the Frankly Vulgar web page, I'm at¿ home now, so I'll post the URL (I remember to come back online..¿ hee hee...). http://barbaria.xlrn.ucsb.edu/mp3/html/¿ Have fun¿ EA

Thanx for the repky and the URL.

Huh...didn't know Live in Dallas was on DVD! I'll try and order it somewhere....

Re: PS

> You can get an MP3 player ANYWHERE practically... just download¿ it from any shareware site... like www.tucows.com.. or¿ something... or go to Yahoo and type MP3 player.¿ The best one I have come by is WinAMP... if you have Windows of¿ course.. otherwise I really wouldn't know... good luck.¿ EA

OIC, this is a player on the computer. Oh, well, music sounds crappy on my computer so I guess I won't bother...yet.

Re: MP3...DVD....

¿ Speaking of new technology, I've asked this here before and I¿ will again. Will Morrissey be releasing a DVD any time soon?

Sorry to be thick AGAIN, but what's DVD?

> Where have you seen Live in Dallas on DVD? You're not confusing¿ DVD with LD are you?

What's DVD!!! AND what's LD!!!!!!!!
Please someone help me!

> It's me again. Okay, if I don't have MP3 capabilities, where¿ else could I get it? And how on God's green earth did you get¿ the, "Certain People I Know" single? Is there anyway¿ to get that? Oh geez, I just have to get my mittens on the¿ studio version of "Jack"!! Any info you could give me¿ to help assist in my search would be deeply apreciatted!! Thanx.

Do you not have "Record Fairs" where you are?
Why not try in the big record shops like HMV or Virgin because they regularly have imports or rare stuff...at a stupidly high price,but worth it (probably).....if you do have any kind of a record fair i recommend that you go because they have all kinds of stuff there and at REALLY reasonable prices....Sorry if this doesn't help at all....

> What's DVD!!! AND what's LD!!!!!!!!¿ Please someone help me!
Digital Video Disc....Laser Disc.

Names Named

OH SILLY ME

> Digital Video Disc....Laser Disc.
Yes, I meant Laser Disc NOT DVD... I'm an ass... sorry =)
EA

*Looking down to the ground...*

I'm sorry.. I meant Laser Disc.... but all the same, the quality is wonderful on the Laser Disc... but DVD ***IS*** the new thing.. and lord knows this commercial world wants us to throw out the old and buy up the new...
EA

> Do you not have "Record Fairs" where you are?¿ Why not try in the big record shops like HMV or Virgin because¿ they regularly have imports or rare stuff...at a stupidly high¿ price,but worth it (probably).....

Do they have a website at all? There are no record stores like Virgin or HMV in my area. I know certian stores that carry imports, but I've had no such luck yet. Thanx anyway though.

Re: *Looking down to the ground...*

> I'm sorry.. I meant Laser Disc.... but all the same, the quality¿ is wonderful on the Laser Disc... but DVD ***IS*** the new¿ thing.. and lord knows this commercial world wants us to throw¿ out the old and buy up the new...¿ EA

Darnit, you had me excited about a Moz DVD for a minute there. Ah well, I know it's gonna happen someday....

Re: MP3...DVD....

> Sorry to be thick AGAIN, but what's DVD?

you're not think. I didn't know what MP3 is. It's hard to keep up these days!

DVD are the new digital video discs for movies. They're the same size as a CD and can store tons of data. You get perfect picture, awesome sound, and some titles have lots of cool extras like audio commentary tracks, extra scenes, companion documentaries, and so forth. They're going to replace VHS someday.

Re: *Lookinging up and smiling...*

> Darnit, you had me excited about a Moz DVD for a minute there.¿ Ah well, I know it's gonna happen someday....
I know, I'm SUCH a tease... =)
EA

Back
Top Bottom