Question for Gene fans..

M

matt

When is the new album going to be released in the US? I couldn't find a Gene discussion board on any of the fan sites.

> When is the new album going to be released in the US? I couldn't¿ find a Gene discussion board on any of the fan sites.

wish I could help you matt... but I don´t know. the only thing for sure is that the album is a real killer and "in love with love" and "you´ll never walk again" may be two of the best songs they´ve ever recorded.
cheers
/ martin

Baby I´m Bored

Not the answer you wanted

As things stand at present, the Gene album will NOT be released in America. The reason for this is simple - they no longer have a record deal there. Apparantly there is some theory that it may come out on Interscope but there is nothing firm on this. Basically the band themselves dont really know whats happening. SO until this is sorted out, there will be NO album in the US and NO tour.

> wish I could help you matt... but I don´t know. the only thing¿ for sure is that the album is a real killer and "in love¿ with love" and "you´ll never walk again" may be¿ two of the best songs they´ve ever recorded.¿ cheers¿ / martin

Quite right. I like it a lot more than the last one. I can't wait to see them on Thursday night.

Not the disc you wanted, too

It seems that the merged Seagram/PolyGram/MCA/Interscope company is still unsecure which artists to keep - there is no german release of 'Revelations' either. It seems that it has been released only in the UK and Japan up to now (the jap disc with two bonus tracks).

I've heard that Seagram (or 'Universal' as they are called now) will merge the Mercury and the Island label, so that Moz - if he is still an active artist for them - will be released on one label in the future.

A&M is dead, PolyGram is dead, Island and/or Mercury to follow: I don't think they've got good consultants to deal with that business.

Btw, Morrissey, any news? What about a short living sign? A single perhaps?

Stefan

> Quite right. I like it a lot more than the last one. I can't¿ wait to see them on Thursday night.

Where are you seeing them? I saw them in Wolverhampton and thought that they were really good, although i have to say that i thought their new stuff was pale in comparison to their old stuff....

Not really a point but...

> Quite right. I like it a lot more than the last one. I can't¿ wait to see them on Thursday night.

They were absolutley amazing in Aberdeen possibly the best live act i`ve seen and i`ve seen r.e.m., bowie, (moz was his support but got sick (damnit all to hell!))mainx and suede so they are on top of some class acts.

Buy it import Silly!!!

The album is out in the UK so go to your Handy-Dandy Import store, (ie. Virgin Megastore, or local shop) and order it on import. that or possibly try gettingf it at CDNow .com...perhaps they can order it for you? I mean, you could wait, but it could be the millenium before it comes out on some form of domestic thing

Re: Not the disc you wanted, too

> - there is no german¿ release of 'Revelations' either. It seems that it has been¿ released only in the UK and Japan up to

um, I happen to live in Sweden and "revelations" is available, like, everywhere here...
cheers!
/ martin

Baby I´m Bored

Lucky bastard!

> um, I happen to live in Sweden and "revelations" is¿ available, like, everywhere here...¿ cheers!¿ / martin

Thank God that i can import it from the uk...

Stefan