Joss sticks - a new phenomenon? Brighton etc

T

Tingle

I found myself standing at Boz's side of the stage at the Brighton gig. There was a lovely aroma and when I crept forward [I don't push, I wait until people drop out, go to the bar] I could see that there were lots of incense sticks burning in the stage. Is this new at Morrissey gigs do you know? I've never noticed it before.

I don't mean to be rude, but I found there were more than the usual number of prats at the Brighton show. One bloke in front of me (40-ish grey hair, in a pony tail) kept cupping his hands to his mouth and shouted "Joan, Where are you?" between songs and UNFORGIVABLY, during the intros to songs for almost the duration of the show. Christ, I hope that doesn't end up on the 'live album'.

Some woman in front held up a naff printed sweatshirt which presumably she'd had made with "Irish Blood, English Heart" (heart symbol that is) so that Mozzer might see it, but of course those of use behind her could only see the bloody reverse of her shirt - Mozzer was blotted out.

What are these people thinking?

Mozzer was interrupted a number of times when he was introducing his songs. The intro to Redondo Beach was messed up and he seemed irked. Was someone actually singing a George Michael song? I wish Morrissey had put the guy down rather than clam up as he seemed to do. And what was the comment about "It was either this or six months in prison - I think I chose badly". Seemed Morrissey was only half joking.

I enjoyed the show. I loved Morrissey's singing and the excitement of the event, but though Morrissey said last week that he doesn't vet people as they come in to the venue, perhaps it's time to start doing exactly that!

Back
Top Bottom