Kroq.com is giving away tix to Morrissey make up show

B

billybud71

just call 323-930-1067 and ask for promotions dept/or visit www.kroq.com

Im sure there's some sort of price to pay??? KROQ doesnt give dick away "free". Thats how f***in shitty and stupid they are.

if someone from KROQ's reading this now: GO f*** YOURSELVES KROQ!!!!!

Amazing....

KROQ just emailed me out of the blue (I was on the Morrissey "presale" Street Team list) saying I WON 2 more FREE tickets ... I already had my stub from the canclled show so now I get a couple more to bring friends

They must be just trying to fill the 65,000 seats because it will look awfully bad if the place is mostly empty on Halloween for his make-up show...

> just call 323-930-1067 and ask for promotions dept/or visit www.kroq.com

Re: Amazing....

Im sure there's a ctach to it Jay. Be careful. Im sure Im in the minority when i say this: GO f*** YOURSELVES KROQ!!!!!!

Sorry,they are the antichrist. They dont do dick for morrissey and if he didnt have a new disc out,you really think those f***in dolt sammiches would give two jerks of baboons cock about morrissey?????? NA!

KROQ to me is like all these "sudden" bands/singers who come out of the woodworks and say"we're influenced by morrissey and the smiths"...No you're f***in not. Stop goddamned lying. The only reason you're "influenced" by them is because they want you to buy their shit they cant sell to anyone else,proving to all of us,they f***in suck more cock than jenna jamison.

Same with KROQ,they "love morrissey and the smiths" really??? you do???? then how come it took a new f***in album and 7 goiddamned years for you dumbf***s to play anything by the man????? stick to your shitty linkin park and mecrappica records and leave his majesty and his music to the people who didnt abandon him for the all might dollar?????? you know??? his FANS!!!!!!!

You on "love and support and play morrissey" because you wanted to peddle tickets to your shitty ass concert and make your f***in shitty f***in station money. You're not foolin anyone dickf***s.

Oh and Kevin Weatherly(thats the PD down at KROQ) the PIMP has one message for you too:

GO f*** YOURSELF ASS CLOWN!!!!!!! YOU SUCK AND SO DOES YOUR SHITTY STATION!!!!!

Will find out on Friday when I pick them up

Re: Kroq is trying to fill up the lawn section, thats all

thats right. from the email confirmation i got for "winning" a pair of tickets from their email subscription:

Please note the following for this show.
Doors open at 3pm
You cannot wear a costume
Parking is free
NOTE THESE ARE LAWN SEATS

> KROQ to me is like all these "sudden" bands/singers who come out
> of the woodworks and say"we're influenced by morrissey and the
> smiths"...No you're f***in not. Stop goddamned lying. The only reason
> you're "influenced" by them is because they want you to buy
> their shit they cant sell to anyone else,proving to all of us,they f***in
> suck more cock than jenna jamison.

> Same with KROQ,they "love morrissey and the smiths" really???
> you do???? then how come it took a new f***in album and 7 goiddamned years
> for you dumbf***s to play anything by the man????? stick to your shitty
> linkin park and mecrappica records and leave his majesty and his music to
> the people who didnt abandon him for the all might dollar?????? you
> know??? his FANS!!!!!!!

> You on "love and support and play morrissey" because you wanted
> to peddle tickets to your shitty ass concert and make your f***in shitty
> f***in station money. You're not foolin anyone dickf***s.

> Oh and Kevin Weatherly(thats the PD down at KROQ) the PIMP has one message
> for you too:

> GO f*** YOURSELF ASS CLOWN!!!!!!! YOU SUCK AND SO DOES YOUR SHITTY
> STATION!!!!!

That's ridiculous, KROQ has been supporting The Smiths and Morrissey ever since the mid-80's. The reason I fell in love with The Smiths is because I heard "Panic" on Kroq. They were the only station in LA to play The Smiths, not to mention The Cure, Depeche Mode, New Order, Echo and the Bunnymen, PIL, and all the other English bands from the eighties, and they've put Morrissey on heavy rotation for most of his solo career. They're very much the reason why The Smiths got national attention in the first place, and even why "Girlfriend In A Coma" and "Stop Me If You've Heard This Before" were on HEAVY rotation on MTV in 1987. Sure, after "Your Arsenal", they played less and less of the new stuff, but can you blame the station? Admit that Morrissey's material dropped off a lot and the two LPs before "You Are the Quarry" were crap.

Yes, the music they play now is mostly crap but that's because music today is mostly crap. You have your Morrissey CDs, what are you complaining about. Just turn off your radio and turn on you CD player. I mostly listen to jazz or classical if I have to listen to the radio myself.

> Im sure there's some sort of price to pay??? KROQ doesnt give dick away
> "free". Thats how f***in shitty and stupid they are.

> if someone from KROQ's reading this now: GO f*** YOURSELVES KROQ!!!!!

Yes, what ASSHOLES, giving away free concert tickets.

Sorry, but can't really see the logic of your post.

Ways around it

My "winning" email does not state that mine are lawn seats- I guess I will find out exactly what they are on Friday when I pick them up

Even if they are on the lawn- it will be very easy to sneak my friends up to the front with us with the Orchestra section tix I already have from the original cancelled show.

Cheers

Jay

> thats right. from the email confirmation i got for "winning" a
> pair of tickets from their email subscription:

> Please note the following for this show.
> Doors open at 3pm
> You cannot wear a costume
> Parking is free
> NOTE THESE ARE LAWN SEATS

the same with the pit area?

is it that easy? hmm, i wonder if i can do the same at the pit area with the passes we had originally won from kroq??? last time, they were pretty strict. checked our stubs each time we went in and out.

> My "winning" email does not state that mine are lawn seats- I
> guess I will find out exactly what they are on Friday when I pick them up
>

> Even if they are on the lawn- it will be very easy to sneak my friends up
> to the front with us with the Orchestra section tix I already have from
> the original cancelled show.

> Cheers

> Jay

Rocket Science Applied To Concerts

My friend it is simple:

1. You have 2 Pit/Orchestra tickets
2. You take the 2 tickets, meet your friend on the lawn and and give one Pit/Orch ticket to your friend.
3. Go with them into the Pit/Orch. Get a wristband for them.
4. Repeat process as many times as you like and get all of your friends in.

Cheers

> is it that easy? hmm, i wonder if i can do the same at the pit area with
> the passes we had originally won from kroq??? last time, they were pretty
> strict. checked our stubs each time we went in and out.

Nothings "free". Are they giving away free parking at the venue??? free food and drinks???? then no,KROQ's not giving anything away "free".

> Nothings "free". Are they giving away free parking at the
> venue??? free food and drinks???? then no,KROQ's not giving anything away
> "free".

Oh yeah, they're not going to pay your taxes or wipe your ass for you either! Guess that makes them total assholes then?! The "concert" is free. Do you get "free food and drinks" when you BUY a Morrissey concert ticket? If you want free food, go down to the soup kitchen.

Re: Rocket Science Applied To Concerts

they apparently caught on to the science. they marked the ticket stubs with a BIG X, apparently to make sure that someone else doesn't get to use them. which is good, it kept the pit area less crowded.

> My friend it is simple:

> 1. You have 2 Pit/Orchestra tickets
> 2. You take the 2 tickets, meet your friend on the lawn and and give one
> Pit/Orch ticket to your friend.
> 3. Go with them into the Pit/Orch. Get a wristband for them.
> 4. Repeat process as many times as you like and get all of your friends
> in.

> Cheers

Formula still worked

Actually that method worked exactly the same to get to the Orchestra- they marked our tickets as well but the key is you just needed an extra physical ticket and we got most of my friends down to us. But it went to complete madness though once they let evreyone just spill into unused seats... Even if you had a real lower-level seast if you were late and it was taken it was ugly becuase nobody was moving... securoty actually gave out Pit wristbands to late arriving people with their origional Orchestra tickets whose seats were taken over by lawn ticket people in the mad dash... I didn't try for the Pit- we were all happy together 20 rows back just fine

> they apparently caught on to the science. they marked the ticket stubs
> with a BIG X, apparently to make sure that someone else doesn't get to use
> them. which is good, it kept the pit area less crowded.

Why won't people stop deliberately flouting the Rules?

> they apparently caught on to the science. they marked the ticket stubs
> with a BIG X, apparently to make sure that someone else doesn't get to use
> them. which is good, it kept the pit area less crowded.

Was anyone wearing a 'fannypack'?

If so, I do hope they were turned away at the door, as it clearly states on Morrissey's fabulously dull official site, MorrisseyMusic.com, that these are "restricted items", & therefore forbidden.

If, however, they had somehow managed to conceal their 'fannypack' on the way in, I sincerely hope that, having later been discovered to be wearing one of these hideously unattractive accoutrements, that they were "ejected from the venue without the opportunity to return".

They only have themselves to blame & I haven't an ounce of sympathy.

Re: Why won't people stop deliberately flouting the Rules?

> Was anyone wearing a 'fannypack'?

> If so, I do hope they were turned away at the door, as it clearly states
> on Morrissey's fabulously dull official site, MorrisseyMusic.com, that
> these are "restricted items", & therefore forbidden.

> If, however, they had somehow managed to conceal their 'fannypack' on the
> way in, I sincerely hope that, having later been discovered to be wearing
> one of these hideously unattractive accoutrements, that they were
> "ejected from the venue without the opportunity to return".

> They only have themselves to blame & I haven't an ounce of sympathy.

i suspect moz and his entourage only decided to ban "fannypacks"so that they could spend hours of fun using that word i mean what the f*** is wrong with calling it a bum bag? and not to mention that anyone wearing these things should not be allowed to be in the same room as his mozzness.

Back
Top Bottom