So what happened in Nashville?

P

puddle

the first poster said Morrissey was mobbed in encore and used the word chaos. but then a few posters were angry at Morrissey that he left--thus blaming him.

one person, the one who worked with Moz (lol), even wrote morrissey shouldn't run off due to people wanting to show him affection, even if they are men. So you saying Morrissey ran off because men wanted to hug him? It seems off that this person, who had been a fan of morrissey for 16 years and, wow, even worked with the guy, doesn't know much about Morrissey. Morrissey doesn't mind people coming up, including men. It's not like Morrissey is homophobic. Many men have gone up and morrissey even ran to them to touch them as they are dragged away by security (in the case they weren't able to reach Morrissey before security got to him). It seems to me that many people crashed the stage and Mozzers Men took him away, like they have in these cases for the past 20 years.

so my question is, from a non-bias fan who was there, what hapenned during the encore? how many people were on the stage?

the band started the song and after singing the first two lines, about 10 people started darting at him and the security couldn't catch them all so Moz on his own, darted stage left. He runs very fast - it took like 3 hops and he was gone.

I was there. Two people made it up to him during the show, and he seemed to vaugely encourage this..."The night's still young.", and "I hope you're all having fun, even those of you in the back who are too scared to come up here." were some statements he made. The chants of "Mor-ris-sey" rang out all night, and he responded, "It's Tuesday night; shout whatever the hell you want, as long as it's nice."...so charming!!! I was on stage during the encore, I hugged the man, and told him "I love you.", he grinned and didn't seem to mind at all, but then chaos insued. About 10 other people were up there, and security seemed to be fighting the entire crowd. Moz did the smart thing and made his escape before he or any equiptment could be damaged. "His men" were close behind, guarding him as they should. I spoke to the band after, and some of them told tales of Gary's equiptment being smashed up at past shows when things got out of control.
The show was fantastic really, and the crowd was well involved, showing respect by waiting till the end of the show to completely rush (and push...)

> the first poster said Morrissey was mobbed in encore and used the word
> chaos. but then a few posters were angry at Morrissey that he left--thus
> blaming him.

> one person, the one who worked with Moz (lol), even wrote morrissey
> shouldn't run off due to people wanting to show him affection, even if
> they are men. So you saying Morrissey ran off because men wanted to hug
> him? It seems off that this person, who had been a fan of morrissey for 16
> years and, wow, even worked with the guy, doesn't know much about
> Morrissey. Morrissey doesn't mind people coming up, including men. It's
> not like Morrissey is homophobic. Many men have gone up and morrissey even
> ran to them to touch them as they are dragged away by security (in the
> case they weren't able to reach Morrissey before security got to him). It
> seems to me that many people crashed the stage and Mozzers Men took him
> away, like they have in these cases for the past 20 years.

> so my question is, from a non-bias fan who was there, what hapenned during
> the encore? how many people were on the stage?

oh so there was no reason for people to overreact. that's what i thought. quite frankly some of the posts on the main page sound like they are coming from the same people, made to sound like they are coming from many. There is this one person in particular, i could just tell by writing style it's the same person either getting angry at stage invaders or blaming morrissey (in an attempt to get stage invaders to stop if they saw people blaming morrissey). i must say. . .not very clever.

Back
Top Bottom