John Shuttleworth & The Smiths

P

Phil

I was fortunate enough to see Sheffield's premier singer songwriter, John Shuttleworth last Saturday in Preston on the "2000 & John" Tour.
Supporting John was a new comic creation called Brian Appleton, who for 40 minutes discussed his vital role in the shaping of pop music as we know it today. His tales included Rod Stewart hearing Brian say to a maggot that he was trying to bring back to life "Wake up Maggot, I've got something to say to you" in the grounds of a cemetary where Rod was a trainee grave digger. Upon hearing this, Rod gave young Brian two pear drops and went on to use the slightly modified line in the hit song "Maggie May".
Brian also claims to have invented the Smiths era, and that Jonny Marr ripped off his sound. The similarity between some of the Smith's classics and Brian's forgotton tune "My time to be poorly" is staggering. And what credit has Brian had NONE!
All this and John played the classic "Pidgeons in Flight" and my favourite "Mutiny over the Bounty" What a great night.
If you can check him out on his national tour, a great night's entertainment from a REAL music lover.

You are fortunate enough that I didn't put my Nike 2000 boot up your chubby hippo-extra value meal ass snapneck for reading something that has as much value to me as Jospeh Mengala's memoirs. You are stupid, insipid and a dandy handy candycane that needs its red stripes to be licked off with a nice sharpy sharp morningstar!

Go do something useful like donating your sperm you special olympic shucklehead.

Oh how I wish I could jump on your fat chubby thumb-like toes. It's ture, it's true..i know..i know, it's true.

> All this and John played the classic "Pidgeons in
> Flight"

Pidgeons in flight a classic, possibly, a little to Euro-popish for my tastes, though I'd be interested to know your opinion of Frank Sidebottoms 'Panic'?

Shuttleworth, did you see him in the Coogan classic "Thursday Night Fever"?