morrissey statement

S

sb

What happened with Lollapoloza? Morrissey keeps mentioning it failing. Was it him not doing well or the show itself?

the problem, as has been stated in the past on these boards by myself and others, was they tried to go with a 2 day festival in large capacity venues without a clear headliner capable of drawing a significant number of casual concert goers. Day one was headlined by Moz and the next biggest name on the bill was Sonic Youth. Outside of Southern California, Morrissey is not able to draw anywhere close to 15000+ fans to a concert, festival or not. This is not Morrissey's fault, it is clearly the fault of the event organizers who should have done their homework before putting this bill together.

Day Two was headlined by the rubbish neo-hippie jam band String Cheese Incident with the Flaming Lips getting second billing. Do I really need to say anything more on this lineup? The Pixies were on a show or two, but in the end it just wasn't a bill that would appeal to the casual music fan.

Moreover, a lot of Morrissey fans on this site were taking a pass on their local Lollapoloza show in hopes of seeing a proper Morrissey show later in the year. I'd imagine the same may have occured with the String Cheese Incident fanbase.

It was doomed from the start, really. Why does Morrissey gets the blame by many in the indusrty for Lollapolza's failure is beyond me. I have not read one article which faults the String Cheese Incident or even the festival's management.

> What happened with Lollapoloza? Morrissey keeps mentioning it failing. Was
> it him not doing well or the show itself?

Re: Boston

Hey Harsh! How'd you enjoy the show?

You're going tonight aren't you? (I seem to recall you got 7th row or something?)

wonderful time last night, of course! It must have been about 85 degrees in the balcony, though. I'd imagine it was even warmer on the floor. Well, I'll find out tonight, as I do in fact have 8th row!

> Hey Harsh! How'd you enjoy the show?

> You're going tonight aren't you? (I seem to recall you got 7th row or
> something?)

My seat last night was right near a ramp and the front door, so there was a hint of a breeze, but it was still hot. I'll keep that in mind tonight....leave the coat and the long sleeves in the car.

> wonderful time last night, of course! It must have been about 85 degrees
> in the balcony, though. I'd imagine it was even warmer on the floor. Well,
> I'll find out tonight, as I do in fact have 8th row!

Back
Top Bottom