Did Moz Really Forget The Lyrics To "Meat Is Murder" At The Universal Amphitheatre Show?

C

carlos

I pasted a bit from an article that's currently on the main page.

It seems like the kind of thing that a journalist could easily get wrong. As most of you know, Moz very often experiments with different vocal inflections when he performs live.

Was anyone there who can confirm or deny this?

-c

-----------------------
March 2, 2000

Morrissey crooned a variety of songs picked from his many albums and included some Smiths songs into the set as well. After an eerie rendition of "Teachers," the set turned red and pulsed with every beat of "Meat is Murder." The mixture of light and sound brought out the feeling and power of the song, but the effect was dampened when Morrissey stopped the vocals during parts of the song because he forgot the lyrics. The crowd forgave him, however, and helped sing the words for him.

Morrissey has based his entire career around his faults, wants, fears and despair, and these aspects of his music and character have given him a human quality, unlike some of the other music stars who have an unaccessible and unreal persona.

moz35.jpg

Re: Did Moz Really Forget The Lyrics To "Meat Is Murder" At The Universal Amphitheatre Sho

> I pasted a bit from an article that's currently on the main
> page.

> It seems like the kind of thing that a journalist could easily
> get wrong. As most of you know, Moz very often experiments with
> different vocal inflections when he performs live.

> Was anyone there who can confirm or deny this?

He had problems all night hearing himself all night stopped singing during quite a few songs. At one point he hit the microphone with his hand as if he thought it wasn't working. Fortunately, most of us were able to keep sing without his lead! So no, he didn't forget the words.

> -----------------------
> March 2, 2000

> Morrissey crooned a variety of songs picked from his many albums
> and included some Smiths songs into the set as well. After an
> eerie rendition of "Teachers," the set turned red and
> pulsed with every beat of "Meat is Murder." The
> mixture of light and sound brought out the feeling and power of
> the song, but the effect was dampened when Morrissey stopped the
> vocals during parts of the song because he forgot the lyrics.
> The crowd forgave him, however, and helped sing the words for
> him.

> Morrissey has based his entire career around his faults, wants,
> fears and despair, and these aspects of his music and character
> have given him a human quality, unlike some of the other music
> stars who have an unaccessible and unreal persona.

Black coffee in bed

I have to say Mozziah's demeanor is so elegantly cool, I have never see him beak a sweat when something goes wrong. Can't say the same for Boz, even his teeth sweat.

Hey tea. Jump over to the TSR General Board. The old gals are having a real cat fight. more...

I'm sure you could have a blast stirring up the pot.

Back
Top Bottom