Moz doc ! "Who Put The M in Manchester?"

M

moztomorrow

I'm getting all excited, actually; I just read on Linder's biography on that Czech/British site that Morrissey is coming out with a documentary (that Linder was obviously involved in, so we know it's legit) called "Who Put the M in Manchester?".

It gave the date of her involvement of May 2004, I believe; I guess this is when they started filming or producing it, or something...

Does anyone know anything about this? Do you think that's why they filmed so many of the Quarry shows in the UK and the one in Chicago?

WOO HOO! (Sorry...) It would be super cool if a documentary was done that had some of this tour's footage, though...

The main POINT of all this, sorry, is it's not Linder's film I'm talking about, it's Morrissey's documentary.

Who, what, where, when, etc. ...

She was filming at the Salford Lads Club on May 22nd 2004 & there was a film crew (not Linda) outside the Men Arena on the 22nd May interviewing people as they came in (including Andy Rouke), I was there ages waiting for a friend, so I saw them interview quite a lot. Also the Men Arena gig was filmed.

GrimO

> The main POINT of all this, sorry, is it's not Linder's film I'm talking
> about, it's Morrissey's documentary.

> Who, what, where, when, etc. ...

> She was filming at the Salford Lads Club on May 22nd 2004 & there was
> a film crew (not Linda) outside the Men Arena on the 22nd May interviewing
> people as they came in (including Andy Rouke), I was there ages waiting
> for a friend, so I saw them interview quite a lot. Also the Men Arena gig
> was filmed.

> GrimO

I like the idea of Linder doing the film rather than someone at the record company. She knows Morrissey better than anyone, and anything she'd release would be less commercial and probably more interesting to boot.

Hope the Move footage shows up there too, it'd be perfect with Moz telling the stories about his youth in Stretford. Memorable stuff.

She'll just do what he tells her though won't she? It'll all be more mythmaking stuff. Loads of footage of fans wanting to touch Morrissey again.

I'd prefer something a bit more objective.

> She'll just do what he tells her though won't she? It'll all be more
> mythmaking stuff. Loads of footage of fans wanting to touch Morrissey
> again.

yeah remember his comments on the importance of being Morrissey; he commented that he did not like it because it was shot from the chin up (or similar). I am sure that he lets her know exactly how he wants it and what she needs to do!

pic206855.jpg

I am sure that he lets her know exactly how he wants it and what
> she needs to do!

Sounds a bit kinky, lol! What sort of film is this again?

I agree it'd be awkward for her to attempt a totally objective piece. But on the other hand, she's worked with him before, and they're good friends, so maybe she could get him to relax and be more open than he might be otherwise. He looked like he was going to melt a few times in channel 4's doc! I'd love to see something along the lines of those candid pics of Morrissey with Linder, Nancy and the Dolls over on the other site, it's not something we often get with him.

'Course whoever does the film I doubt that Moz would be inviting a tell-all documentary. From the title it sounds like a retrospective, maybe.

> I am sure that he lets her know exactly how he wants it and what

> Sounds a bit kinky, lol! What sort of film is this again?

Morrissey does Manchester :)

Linder would no doubt be good for a more arty approach. A Bruce Weber's "lets get lost" kind of thing...

ammendment

She was filming at the Salford Lads Club on May 21st 2004 & there was
a film crew (not Linda) outside the Men Arena on the 22nd May interviewing
people as they came in (including Andy Rouke), I was there ages waiting
for a friend, so I saw them interview quite a lot. Also the Men Arena gig
was filmed.

GrimO

Waiting On A Friend?

> She was filming at the Salford Lads Club on May 21st 2004 & there was
> a film crew (not Linda) outside the Men Arena on the 22nd May interviewing
> people as they came in (including Andy Rouke), I was there ages waiting
> for a friend, so I saw them interview quite a lot. Also the Men Arena gig
> was filmed.

> GrimO

Sure you dont need to amend the word friend?...Or at the very least put it in quotation marks?...lol