Discussion Topic: Why do a good number of fans want Boz to stay but don't care if Alain does?

K

King Leer

Firstly, I know many want the whole band scrapped and replaced by new blood. There are also those who want a Morrissey/Marr reunion. But this topic is for the good number who've said they want Boz to stick around, but if Alain is gone for good, they have no problem with that.

Is it because Boz takes care of band admin and is a good "all-arounder" as some have put it?

Is it because he's more talented than Alain (onstage and/or in writing songs)?

Is it because Morrissey rarely ever makes fun of him and there seems to be a mutual respect vibe?

Is it because you like his personality better (ie. what's in the public eye)?

Is it because Alain was up front for so long (unlike Boz, who hangs back) and you just got bored of it?

I've always liked Th' Lads (and new additions Deano and especially Mikey have proven to bring new sounds to the mix), and I've always liked Alain. I think he gets knocked for *not* writing songs as complex as a Marr, but nonetheless he's written some beauties (as has Boz), which will stand the test of time. I sincerely hope Alain gets well...

Re: Discussion Topic: Why is it that King Leer insinuates that about some of the fans?

....that we may never know....
....he still needs to clean me though..............

Because "fans" have typed those words out on this site

I think Boz's songs over the last ten years or so have been rare-ish, but stunningly good. His songs on Vauxhall are better than Alain's for me, and his contributions to Maladjusted weren't bad. On Quarry, though, Camdem doesn't do much for me but How Can... I will never get tired of. I Like You is stunning too.

I'll miss Alain if he is gone permanently, but I really want Boz to stay. I think having him strum an acoustic guitar on songs like Everyday... and Headmaster Ritual is just a waste of his talents.

I hope they both stay. gary, alain, boz, and dean are all legends. f*** getting a new band, the current group has tighted up their perfomrances so much since the old days. Getting a bunch of 25 year old pretty boys aint gona help anyone. Alans cool, i definatly hope he comes back.

Back
Top Bottom