True Faith: Restored faith.. Reading 28th Ruffian tour

R

Ruffian

Amongst the mud, slime, and the worst 3rd world toilets in the world.. there was more than a glimmer of adulation amongst the rubbish in the green English fields of Reading.. Rock reborn.. The Morrissey was back on form (for me)

Here he was, introducing himself as Sasha Distel, mentions of Reading Gaol and Emerdale, the boy Morrissey was back in his full pomp.. holding court, exorcising the demons of Glastonbury, the return of the Bling backdrop. Satisfying the new kids on the block and the old school with the set.. It was a hundred times better than the RFH. This was a truly great Morrissey performance. Great songs, great atmosphere, and some genuine emotion.. eyes welling up and everything.. 'Don't make fun of Dady's Voice'.. great song. 'Now my heart is full'.. Sublime. The whole thing making for an atmospheric Brilliant afternoon/night.. ;Jack the Ripper' making neck hairs raise on end. You had to be there. Even to see Morrisseys size too small smoking jacket strain at teh seams!!

The new guy Jesse did well too.. dare I say, giving the band a harder edge sound??..

And special mention to Franz Ferdinand.. wow, those boys had fun.. and it made the whole place groove in one mass of smelly swaeting bodiies.. At the front and the back of the matinee.. they rocked the house as well.

Honourable mentions too for the following: NY Dolls, Ordinary Boys and the Libs.

Traumatised by being Knee deep in piss.. but very happy. Your very own..
Ruffian

PS And Julia Riley getting on the big stage screens!! What's that all about? The girls arrived, a star: official.

pic200472.jpg