In support of Alain post your favorite Alain pic...

M

Maladjustedx

Thank you Mr. Alain Whyte

pic199404.jpg

the one with him and liam gallagher in australia in 2002, sorry i don't have a copy of it on me

Moz has lost better band members than Alain. Get over it - he's no Johnny Marr

Re: These days, Johnny Marr is no Alain Whyte.

Hey hon, I saw Johnny playing as a guest guitarist with Neil Finn 2x last summer, and he was on top form. So I disagree.

Not his playing ability, I'm talking about his songwriting ability. I'll take Whyte

Re: Not his playing ability, I'm talking about his songwriting ability. I'll take Whyte

Hmmm, that's a hard call. Whyte has helped with some gems. But Johnny......

Re: Not his playing ability, I'm talking about his songwriting ability. I'll take Whyte

> Hmmm, that's a hard call. Whyte has helped with some gems. But
> Johnny......

Colleen you are right to question that one. My guess is that Johnny is better in a collaborative band. Marr was great with Electronic and I am sure would be amazing if the stars ever aligned properly and put him back in the studio with Mozzer. Alan is good. Marr is Marr. Just because we had to settle and grew to love Alan, Bozz, Street, etc..., it does not compare to The Smiths.

I know I am going to get flack for that last comment but, lets face it, with out The Smiths, we wouldn't even be having this chat session.

briansd

> Colleen you are right to question that one. My guess is that Johnny is
> better in a collaborative band. Marr was great with Electronic and I am
> sure would be amazing if the stars ever aligned properly and put him back
> in the studio with Mozzer. Alan is good. Marr is Marr. Just because we had
> to settle and grew to love Alan, Bozz, Street, etc..., it does not compare
> to The Smiths.

> I know I am going to get flack for that last comment but, lets face it,
> with out The Smiths, we wouldn't even be having this chat session.

> briansd
Brian, no, you're right, Marr is Marr- and don't give a care to any *flack* you may get, who cares. It does not compare to The Smiths- you're correct, and without them, there would BE no Morrissey-Solo. ( Oh, I am sure Morrissey would find a way, he's a genius, let's face it, but The Smiths...)