Dublin -to- Liverpool Seacat for Liverpool Morrissey gig ?

A

Almodis

I'm thinking of getting the Dublin -to- Liverpool Seacat to the Liverpool gig (if I'm lucky enough to get tickets.) Does anyone know how rough the crossing is likely to be at this time of year, how risky it's likely to be that the sailing would be cancelled due to bad weather etc. ?

> I'm thinking of getting the Dublin -to- Liverpool Seacat to the Liverpool
> gig (if I'm lucky enough to get tickets.) Does anyone know how rough the
> crossing is likely to be at this time of year, how risky it's likely to be
> that the sailing would be cancelled due to bad weather etc. ?

The crossing is okay so long as it actually runs. It's not that reliable even in the middle of the Summer and the plane is usually cheaper anyway.

> The crossing is okay so long as it actually runs. It's not that reliable
> even in the middle of the Summer and the plane is usually cheaper anyway.

It's € 28.00 (return) which is why I'm considering it - the cheapest Ryanair flight I can get for the days I have to fly on (have some other family things in Liverpool) is almost €50.00. But thanks for replying, that was kind of my impression about the reliability too.

> It's € 28.00 (return) which is why I'm considering it - the cheapest
> Ryanair flight I can get for the days I have to fly on (have some other
> family things in Liverpool) is almost €50.00. But thanks for replying,
> that was kind of my impression about the reliability too.

If it doesn't go then they do swap you over to the Holyhead route and that should get you in to Liverpool at about the same time so if it's cheaper it's not a real risk. It's only if you have to be certain of getting there earlier in the day then the Seacat can be a bit of a problem. On the other hand it docks right in front of the Liver Building and it's hard to beat that for a berth.

Almodis,
I don't know how easy/difficult it would be for you to get to Belfast airport but Easyjet are doing very cheapo deals to Liverpool.
I've put the link in so you can check it out.

GrimO

Easyjet

Used to do the seacat every summer and its ok this time of year.Its only really december time that its dog ruff.

The other boats used to be terrible ruff years back.I remember big Irish west of Ireland fellas drinking pints of the black stuff and getting sick and ordering more pints as everyone round them was chucking up ;-)

consider ryanair to manchester as well......

I sometimes go Dublin to Manchester cheap for Liverpool home matches.,get a train at manchester airport to man picadilly and from there get a train to liverpool return for 9 sterling.you can buy them at the platform machines. which gets you into liverpool central !its 27 for a taxi from liverpool airport to the centre......

Also consider Holyhead

it probably won't be, but have a look to see if the Dublin - Holyhead sea-cat costs any less. If it does, its easy to get a train or drive from Holyead to Liverpool, the A55 (I think) is a good, and very beautiful road.

Back
Top Bottom