What's your favourite line in any song

A

Aly Panic

One of my favourites at the moment is
"I've kissed your Mother twice, now I'm working on your Dad"
Pencil Skirt by Pulp

it's not my favourite - but i do love....

"ugly girls know their fate - anybody can get laid"

Tongue REM

it's not my favourite - but i do like....

'every artist is a cannibal, every poet is a thief all kill their inspiration and sing about the grief'

u2- the fly.

I found the fountain of youth & I fell in.

rolling stones - 'smack your bitch up' (67)

these two at the moment......

"looking at my watch and i'm half past caring"

"as fly to tarantula, as jugular to dracula, to me in my ford spectacular you'll be drawn"

"Obscurity Knocks" & "The Safecracker" from the criminally ignored Trash Can Sinatras!

"its the love that is known..the love that is know to baboons"

Scottish Lips

> One of my favourites at the moment is
> "I've kissed your Mother twice, now I'm working on your Dad"
> Pencil Skirt by Pulp
LOL I remember when a friend of mine ( who has since died of AIDS )- we would sing in our best Mozzer imitations "Oh, I'm Still Fond Of You, uhh ho" ( I am not speaking of *HO* THAT WAY- just listen to it. We'd go around talking like I imagined Mozzer talking, except singing, like " Do you *want* to get *something* to eat, uh ho?"childish but fun, a kind of Mozzer rap, no one understood but us. My favorite line, hmmmmm "just you try to hold me down, just you try to shut me up" from Hole' Live Thru' This.

"you may think you're my mechanic but i ain't your tool" - duke ellington, "no papa no". best damn blues lyric ever.

"get out of here, before i have the time to change my mind...cos i'm afraid we'll go too far...!" - gary puckett and the union gap, "young girl". officially my themesong.

> I found the fountain of youth & I fell in.

> rolling stones - 'smack your bitch up' (67)

mine too, grim, it always makes me smile to myself

wait, wait! changed my mind! rushed into it! we're going by bands now, kids.

belle and sebastian - "i took down all she said, i even took down her little red dress"
david bowie - "a cop bent down at the feet of a priest, and a queer threw up at the sight of it"
depeche mode - "he reminds me i'm safe as houses, as long as i remember who's wearing the trousers"
the kinks - "long ago, life was clean, sex was bad and obscene, and the rich were all so mean, victoria was my queen"
lee wiley - "i've no desire to be alone, with rudy valle's megaphone"
jad fair - "i did acid with caroline, and we both had a really good time. we talked til 2 in the morning, playing records and i showed her some drawings"
marx brothers - "like shakespeare said to nathan hale, i always get my man"
new york dolls - "i know a girl, her name is laurie, her c***'s so big it's gotta second story!"
noel coward - "oh fiddle dee dee, the wages of sin will be the death of me!"

and of course, the smiths - "oooh, i say..." (because it's damned cheeky)

Mine is "grimo is a touting bastard" from Grimo and Dean are c***s and arseholes by The Hypocrites.

i like it how no one's used a moz line

just because that would be wayyyyy too obvious.

So therefore, mine is:

"the wind blows bits of your life away"

Re: i like it how no one's used a moz line

> just because that would be wayyyyy too obvious.

> So therefore, mine is:

> "the wind blows bits of your life away"
my excuse is there are too many lines, i'd find myself writing a novel.

fountain of youth is a moz line!

"I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star, in somebody else's sky, but why why why can't it be mine?"

Name that band

P.S - I think people are avoiding the use of morrissey lyrics because everybody here would know them. Sometimes it's nice to have some out of curriculum material

"I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star, in somebody else's sky, but why why why can't it be mine?"

Name that band

P.S - I think people are avoiding the use of morrissey lyrics because everybody here would know them. Sometimes it's nice to have some out of curriculum material

"then at midnight i cant get you out of my head," just one of the many.....

Favourite

1 -
I praise the day that brings you pain
So don't close your eyes
Don't close your eyes
A man who slits throats
Has time on his hands
And I'm gonna get you
So don't close your eyes
Don't ever close your eyes
You think you've won
Oh NO.