you met the pet shop boys ?

S

STARLETTE

hey waht is upp ? i love the petshop boys as well as morrissey i dont know hy but most of the peopele i know like them too as well as morrissey is it just a cawensadence????tell me your thought

Was That What It Was?

I'm sure you've heard Neil Tennant's quote... "The Pet Shop Boys are the Smiths you can dance to"

Johnny was reported to have replied... "The Smiths are the Pet Shop Boys you can sit down to"

In my opinion, New Order & Pet Shop Boys are two modern UK pop groups that produce songs with the same emotion, thought & depth as The Smiths & Morrissey. Neil publicly said that Morrissey is the greatest living pop lyrisist. Morrissey has said in an interview that although he does not feel kinship with the Pet Shop Boys, he is interested in Neil & his intelligence.

-c

moz24.jpg

Re: Was That What It Was?

> In my opinion, New Order & Pet Shop Boys are two modern UK
> pop groups that produce songs with the same emotion, thought
> & depth as The Smiths & Morrissey.

Perhaps i havent listened too much of the Boys, but that single "Lets make lots of money," has to be the most lyrically unintelligent piece ive heard. Hoewever, it did hit the top 5 so it justifies its sillyness. i think my dog could've barked and drooled a better harmony than Neil.
Neil is pretty big on the electronica front now. many of the top uk dj's such as oakenfold and pete tong hang out with him. Nevermind boy george.

Too Many People (shop talk)

> Perhaps i havent listened too much of the Boys, but that single
> "Lets make lots of money," has to be the most
> lyrically unintelligent piece ive heard.

the single you mention is a parody song. it's a certain type of song that they write, but it does not represent all that they can do. Pet Shop Boys are the type of group that the masses have a fixed opinion of based on their highest charting singles. meanwhile, they produce brilliant work that most are unaware of.

> many of the top uk dj's such as oakenfold and pete tong hang out with > him. Nevermind boy george.

Pet Shop Boys' b-sides and collaborations have been a virtual who's who of the modern electronic & pop scenes (e.g. KLF, basement jaxx, motiv8, deep dish, danny tenaglia, david morales, blur, jam & spoon, tin tin out, rollo of faithless, tina turner, liza minelli, dusty springfield, david bowie, suede, kylie minogue etc...). it is notable that they almost invariably collaborate with electronic groups before they make it big (as in basement jaxx).

moz25.jpg

Re: Too Many People (shop talk)

you're very knowledgable with your music, Carlos. That's very respectable because not many can make such cunning connections such as you. Are you very much into the "underground" techno stuff??? lets chat, its my forte (as they say).

Back
Top Bottom