Introducing Morrissey vs Live in Dallas

A

Andrew

Hi...I would like to get for a friend who has never been to a Moz concert a live video. I've seen Live in Dallas and while good, it seems a little goofier (music and otherwise) compared to what Moz does these days. It certainly does capture the fanaticism of the fans. I was wondering what IM was like and which you'd prefer. Thanks.

-andrew

Definately Introducing. He's in better form. With Live in Dallas, during that time I think he still had not fully developed into what he wanted to be. He still had some more feminine and awkward characteristics which he carried over from the Smiths days. I think that now he is matured and completely confident. Not that people don't appreciate both but I prefer him much more now. I can't even watch those TotP performances on the Smiths video!

> Hi...I would like to get for a friend who has never been to a
> Moz concert a live video. I've seen Live in Dallas and while
> good, it seems a little goofier (music and otherwise) compared
> to what Moz does these days. It certainly does capture the
> fanaticism of the fans. I was wondering what IM was like and
> which you'd prefer. Thanks.

> -andrew

Introducings is much much better. It*s much nicer filmed, I just love the atmosphere and last but not least it*s not cut short due to 2000 people entering the stage!!

How do the fans in Introducing compare to the fans in Dallas? Thanks again!

> Definately Introducing. He's in better form. With Live in
> Dallas, during that time I think he still had not fully
> developed into what he wanted to be. He still had some more
> feminine and awkward characteristics which he carried over from
> the Smiths days. I think that now he is matured and completely
> confident. Not that people don't appreciate both but I prefer
> him much more now. I can't even watch those TotP performances on
> the Smiths video!

Introducing Morrissey is sooo much better
than Live In Dallas! It's more professional
and more what he's like live today.
I really hope a pro video surfaces from
the '99-'00 tour.

Indroducing is by far the better(not just because I was there at both of the concerts)but because it shows Mozzer at his best individually,and It also prove's that we all know that Morrissey's songwriting is getting better and better. But then all you have to do is listen to Vauxhall & I and Maladjusted to realise that his next album is likely to blow our socks off!

> Introducing Morrissey is sooo much better
> than Live In Dallas! It's more professional
> and more what he's like live today.
> I really hope a pro video surfaces from
> the '99-'00 tour.
I AGREE!
And in IM it was just like being at one of his recent shows. It's absolutely beautiful! I love the end sequence with all the fans....BECAUSE WE MUST...AHHHH!!! Pure heaven!

Morrissey has, um, finally developed into the man he has always wanted to be.

> Definately Introducing. He's in better form. With Live in
> Dallas, during that time I think he still had not fully
> developed into what he wanted to be. He still had some more
> feminine and awkward characteristics which he carried over from
> the Smiths days. I think that now he is matured and completely
> confident. Not that people don't appreciate both but I prefer
> him much more now. I can't even watch those TotP performances on
> the Smiths video!

This, by far is one of the most disturbing posts I have ever stumbled upon.

Yes, Morrissey had not yet fully developed into what he desired to be until he magically found a way to abandon his "feminine" tendencies.

To which he, today, has succesfully translated into a completeley "manly" outfit?

And thank God he managed to outgrow all of those "sissie" mannerisms that made us all so uncomfortable.

Yes, choose "Introducing Morrissey." It represents the more "mature" and heterosexual Morrissey, and not the shy, awkward flower that earlier on, hid behind his alternate, struggling personality.

Morrissey was always who he was and still is.

Himself.

Re: Morrissey has, um, finally developed into the man he has always wanted to be.

y> This, by far is one of the most disturbing posts I have ever
> stumbled upon.

> Yes, Morrissey had not yet fully developed into what he desired
> to be until he magically found a way to abandon his
> "feminine" tendencies.

> To which he, today, has succesfully translated into a
> completeley "manly" outfit?

> And thank God he managed to outgrow all of those
> "sissie" mannerisms that made us all so uncomfortable.

> Yes, choose "Introducing Morrissey." It represents the
> more "mature" and heterosexual Morrissey, and not the
> shy, awkward flower that earlier on, hid behind his alternate,
> struggling personality.

> Morrissey was always who he was and still is.

> Himself.

Re: Morrissey has, um, finally developed into the man he has always wanted to be.

Jesus Christ! You are are so damn sensitive. I didn't put down his earlier days because he was feminine (and awkard I said!). It didn't make me uncomfortable either. I just thought that he had more potential as a performer to develop and refine his style. And I don't think he's turned "manly". I just prefer him more now with his more graceful presence. I don't dislike everything earlier, I just think that Live in Dallas wasn't that great and the TOTP performances aren't the best either (although I can't resist Shoplifters on TOTP. I think he pulled that off quite well, feminine moves and all!).

Back
Top Bottom