it's official: Sanctuary has f***ed up very badly

I

it's war

discs won't play in home stereos, car stereos, discmans, and many computer dvd systems. people have complained of a manufacturing defect which makes both the quality of the disc itself & the video + audio on the discs very poor. this has caused persons to return the discs. there is no 'audio only' version for all 4 tracks in any country. now our american friends, have made the mistake of purchasing the dvds in the uk (via amazon), only to find out that they are coded to a different region and so are totally useless. people are now downloading the tracks from the internet in order to play them on their stereos, saying they will not purchase these dvd versions. this will surely effect the chart position for 'fotgtd'

to the discontented, email.

[email protected] (listed as the contact person for Moz on a google search i just did) & ask her to forward your emails to the ceo

am i the only one that finds the dvd stops and starts alot?

Sanctuary's mistake was crediting Moz's fans with more intelligence than they apparently possess

what's all the f***ing moaning about (again)!

why has noone mentioned the quality of the dvd?

the video is far better quality than the one on mtv etc, and i've had no problems getting it to work (and i'm using an xbox for God's sake!)

the b-sides are awesome by the way. mexico nearly made me cry, it sounds a lot like the lazy sunbathers to me. teenage do is excellent to (i love the line 'you find everything there but the news') - so true. photo's also excellent, as is cd single.

the fact you can't play them on a cd player is probably a hidden blessing - they're not the type of tracks you'd have on repeat anyway. maybe just dust the dvd off once in a while. he may even do another bona drag style complilation with the songs on.

i feel for those having problems with the disc, but in my eyes sanctuary have really delivered.

anyone else feel the same way...please, restore hope in morrissey fans for me.

The Quality of the DVD is excellent and in widescreen anamorphic too not 4:3 as it states on the packaging

do not fear....i think it is excellent
my dvd works fine and as i have (very simply) connected my dvd player to my stereo using a spare scart lead from my dusty ps2 i don't have a problem with the tracks being dvd only
i can understand why other people are peeved but i have not experienced the same problem so i am not
and as for the comment about it affecting sales...did anyone expect it to go top ten anyway? it should be number 1, i know, and everyone i ask seems to love it. my step-dad claims its the best song he's heard for 10 or so years and has asked to listen to more morrissey as a result. as its a-listed on radio he says its being played alot every day and everyone on the building site loves it and thinks its cracking...yet how many of these will buy the single? they're more likely to get the album. the only hope of it getting top 10 is if all of mozzas fans buy the 7" the dvd and the cd single. COME OOOOOOON it only came to about 7 quid for me

Back
Top Bottom